Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Chess Championship 2018

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The World Chess Championship 2018 is an upcoming chess match between the reigning world champion since 2013, Magnus Carlsen, and challenger Fabiano Caruana to determine the World Chess Champion. The 12-game match, organized by FIDE and its commercial partner Agon, will be played in London, at The College in Holborn, between 9 and 28 November 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2018

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just when you think you've seen everything. A live stream of CHESS. :laugh:

You don't expect to read "and white takes blacks horsey" either.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve got tickets for a couple of games. Hate to say it, but I’m really looking forward to it. Last WC games I saw live was Short:Kasparov.

“It’ll be Short, and it’ll be short”.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
day one 0.5 0.5 115 move sicilian. Anyone watching it and not in our club, how come :)

Carlsen blew a great advantage though. One poor move turns a win into a draw. He’s still superlative of course, but he’s not as good as he was. Caruana has a decent chance - three years ago Carlsen would have ripped him apart.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’ve got tickets for a couple of games. Hate to say it, but I’m really looking forward to it. Last WC games I saw live was Short:Kasparov.

“It’ll be Short, and it’ll be short”.

That was a one-sided game. I couldn't remember Short winning a game but I just checked and he won one ... after Kasparov had already clinched the win.

Today's game was pretty exciting until Carlsen's blunder: it was a very aggressive start from him. Shame it finished so tamely

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Always a big fan of people coming onto a thread just to say they think it's boring. It turns out people are allowed to like different things without other people trying to sh** on them.
Not sure who I am sh*** on.....just passing my thoughts on a public thread

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Maybe I'm being a bit touchy, but it just felt like an unnecessary comment that provides nothing to the discussion and just undercuts those that might find it interesting. There are plenty of threads on NSC that don't interest me but I don't feel the need to post on them saying that I'm not interested in them.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
I am thinking of heading down on the 19th if I can get tickets

I would have liked to have gone, but the tickets are ridiculously expensive. £70+ for a single day which could end up being a quick draw is pretty extortionate (FIDE really make FIFA look like model citizens). If you want a day out to see some of the top players, I recommend going to the London Chess Classic at the start of December: much more affordable and the money goes to Chess in Schools and Communities.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I would have liked to have gone, but the tickets are ridiculously expensive. £70+ for a single day which could end up being a quick draw is pretty extortionate (FIDE really make FIFA look like model citizens). If you want a day out to see some of the top players, I recommend going to the London Chess Classic at the start of December: much more affordable and the money goes to Chess in Schools and Communities.

They are but as its my birthday, a day off work if I want, and a never likely (for me) to see opportunity to see the worlds top 2 compete, its not beyond the realms of possibility I might go to this and only this, ever, to watch chess live. Just for the experience really. I'd actually prefer to watch a blitz tournament or something. But then I prefer 20 20 cricket to tests :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here