Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not too shabby!

BC6C01FA-0FE1-4216-86E4-CBC8E60326F0.jpeg

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Really pleased he's been picked again. Sure he'll get at least a half v USA.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he was decent against Everton. Yes he made a slip up when under pressure but even the best do that. Overall the level of his defending was top notch and he added a goal threat at the other end. I suspect Southgate would have been impressed overall.

Personally thought he was shaky defensively, still given how bad everyone else was he probably didn't stand out until the goal......

Anyway, regardless of how he played, Southgate would not base selection on a single performance.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I can see where Southgate is coming from, that scintillating pass from Dunky to Richarlison for Everton's third must have swung it for the lad. :lolol: :albion2:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I wonder how close Dale Stephens is to the England squad? I know we have plenty of options in midfield but if Jake Livermore was getting called up last season surely Stephens must be close? especially if a couple of injuries were to occur.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Looking forward to Mr Dunk making his England debut, will definitely get some sort of game time with all these multiple subs allowed for friendlies
That photo posted earlier in his England shirt makes him look like a pre-war player ready for duty

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wonder how close Dale Stephens is to the England squad? I know we have plenty of options in midfield but if Jake Livermore was getting called up last season surely Stephens must be close? especially if a couple of injuries were to occur.

My guess would be nowhere near. Stephens is good, but I don’t think he’s England material. Southgate also seems to be favouring much younger players to build towards the next two major tournaments.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He won't get a start, but having yomped up to St Georges Park, then out to Croatia and Seville and not got any minutes there, I'd hope Southgate will give him at least a 20 minute runout against the yanks. Assuming we haven't already used up all our subs in the Audience With Wayne Rooney Tribute Show by then of course.

This. And likewise, through gritted teeth, gently gnashing, if the clocks is ticking by without said appearance......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can see where Southgate is coming from, that scintillating pass from Dunky to Richarlison for Everton's third must have swung it for the lad. :lolol: :albion2:

Shhhh! Southgate may not have seen it!

punk::albion::salute:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This. And likewise, through gritted teeth, gently gnashing, if the clocks is ticking by without said appearance......

I'm actually quite glad he didn't make his full England debut in that manky empty stadium in that strange game at the arse-end of Croatia. And I guess he was never going to be pitched in against Spain.

Much better he comes on at Wembley, even if the FA have downgraded it from a friendly international to a testimonial now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My guess would be nowhere near. Stephens is good, but I don’t think he’s England material. Southgate also seems to be favouring much younger players to build towards the next two major tournaments.

And Southgate likes players blessed with pace, not something that Stephens possesses in abundance.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like Joe Gomez is going to miss out on the USA game due to an Achilles injury.

Must guarantee Dunk getting some gametime you would think?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Looks like Joe Gomez is going to miss out on the USA game due to an Achilles injury.

Must guarantee Dunk getting some gametime you would think?

I'd be surprised if it didn't. There's only three centre halves in the squad (and I think he's the only left sided one out of the three) so it seems unlikely that two of them will play the full 90 minutes in both games. The U.S game would be the obvious game to play him. There's a good chance of a start, too, I'd have thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here