Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Extra Tickets' and Resale

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So... As a ST Holder I've taken advantage of the 'you can buy extra tickets for 'x' or 'y' game' quite a few times as Birthday presents, Thank-You's and so on. Always worked well as I always book the car park, picked up the person/people I've treated and dropped them back home so they could have a pint or two on the concourse.

I've bought two tickets for the Chelski game on 16th Dec as an early Christmas present for my Brother and his other half who have never been to the Amex. He was absolutely blown away but fessed up he's in financial dire straits and would be able to make better use of Aldi/Lidl gift vouchers to feed himself, his Missus and her 2 kids over Christmas. Sad, but he's been in and out of work for the last year or two and he's finding it hard.

The question is : Can I contact the box office, cancel them and get my money back - or do I just give him the tickets and let him sell them? If he makes a profit on them, then good for him as he needs the money - but... can this have any ramifications on myself? I know I can (if I want, but I never have) put my ST seats into the scheme, but can you do this for these 'extra' tickets?

Clearly I don't want to break any rules, but if I give him these and he puts them on Shpock or Gumtree I don't want to be the one who has his ST cancelled. I know you can't 'sell' your ST tickets, but do these extras abide by the same rules?

Sagely advice required.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd be pretty sure YOU will be held responsible for whoever ends up in those seats... selling them on the open market (potentially to Chelsea fans) would not be wise, and will not be appreciated by the club.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Understood. So I can 'resell' them via BHAFC portal and use the proceeds to give to him, or do I just call the ticket office and explain the situation (and have them cancelled / refunded) ?

Obviously a cancel/refund would cost me less, and I can give him more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can't use the ticket exchange for one-off tickets.

There is no club-offered method to refund/exchange/re-sell tickets for a one-off fixture unfortunately.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Understood. So I can 'resell' them via BHAFC portal and use the proceeds to give to him, or do I just call the ticket office and explain the situation (and have them cancelled / refunded) ?
I think we've done this before and the answer is that you can't sell them back to the club and you also can't sell them to anyone else (officially).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe try the ticket office first. They may well be sympathetic to your circumstances. Failing that, the ticket portal - tho you'll no doubt gave to take a financial hit on that. Good luck, and nice one trying to do the right thing by your brother :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cut back on a night out or something to save a few quid, then present him with the Chelsea tickets AND the Lidl voucher?

Spirit of Christmas and all that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Let him have the tickets and chuck a couple of bob his way too if you can manage it. It’s a crap time of year to be skint, especially if you’ve got children.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
All very gallant - but he wouldn't accept both. I know him (he's my Brother!)

It took a lot of pride-swallowing to admit how far in the sh*t he was...

I'll ask around my friends and family and see if anyone would 'accept them for free in exchange for a gift to my Brother'... Just thought I'd ask on here first as I just want to do the right thing as far as the actual tickets go.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Why does the club make it so that 'guest' tickets can be allocated to an existing season ticket holder? It means one person is at the game in two seats. Makes no sense to me if they don't want a different person using that ticket.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
What you could do is put your ST on the exchange and use the ones you bought yourself. You’ll get a refund from the exchange to give your brother. Won’t work out the same as getting your money back but be better than being lumbered with tickets you don’t want.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You can't use the ticket exchange for one-off tickets.

There is no club-offered method to refund/exchange/re-sell tickets for a one-off fixture unfortunately.

But you could put your ST on the exchange and get the cash from the club for that.
Then use the Tickets that you have bought for yourself.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What you could do is put your ST on the exchange and use the ones you bought yourself. You’ll get a refund from the exchange to give your brother. Won’t work out the same as getting your money back but be better than being lumbered with tickets you don’t want.

Good point.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good point.

Well it's SORT OF a good point. You'll only get 1/19th of your ST value back. But better than nowt I suppose. On the plus side, you'll be able to flog the second of the two guest tickets at whatever price you want to somebody of your acquaintance that you can keep a very close eye on, seeing as how you'll be sat next to them.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But you could put your ST on the exchange and get the cash from the club for that.
Then use the Tickets that you have bought for yourself.

That's outside the box thinking right there!

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I’m assuming that you can afford these tickets as presents etc quite easily, would it not be a gesture to give him the tickets and a voucher for Lidl or wherever he shops for food? After all it is Christmas soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here