Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] OT neighbour advice

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
There is a builder down the road from me who permanently has a skip in his drive into which he empties his building waste until it’s full and then gets another one in.

We have similar, the builder has 2 vans as well as his family cars in the road where parking is limited. I know that he has been reported to the council (not by me!) and they are monitoring, I hope the environment agency are watching too, as they take far more interest and action.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On occasions I have some waste from work collected from the shared drive and he hates that but it’s kind of unavoidable for me running a small business

I’m sure you’re “storing” your waste to save a few quid right? I wonder if you also factor in the waist disposal cost at the tip into your price you give the customer too right?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We have similar, the builder has 2 vans as well as his family cars in the road where parking is limited. I know that he has been reported to the council (not by me!) and they are monitoring, I hope the environment agency are watching too, as they take far more interest and action.

Solway Avenue?

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
Thank you to everyone for the input or advice, obviously some more than others.

To be clear the shared driveway doesn't actually fit a car down so is only used as walk way to the back of the 2 houses and to store his bins and recycling boxes. When I said occasionally it I'm talking once every few months and is never more than a car boots worth of mainly cardboard boxes. To the person who mentioned about doing it before I went on holiday- I put it out at around 8am and arranged for it to be collected at lunch but he'd moved it in-between.

I met with him today to talk about the issues. I have agreed to keep nothing on the shared drive, which I feel is fair and also agreed to have a higher fence fitted at my expense. In return I ask him to respect my families privacy and stop taking pictures of my back garden that is a private space.

He told me he has sent letters to other neighbors about their choice of parking space, I did find that strange as it is on street parking so not sure he has the right to dictate this to anyone but as others have said life is to short.

He also mentioned the kids garden toys ( trampoline ect) as crap so guessing he isn't a fan of kids although its mainly a family street.

To the person who mentioned about van size -mine is small- Citroen berlingo and is brand new so tidier than most cars. To the poster who said they should ban all vans from residental areas, I hope you stick to your word when you need a trades person to work at your property and make it clear to any tradesman what a stuck up attitude you take to van drivers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just kill the old prick

I hate to say this but this was the first thing that sprang to my mind.......:lolol:

The fact the OP posted shows he cares. I'm in team OP :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

To be clear the shared driveway doesn't actually fit a car down so is only used as walk way to the back of the 2 houses and to store his bins and recycling boxes. When I said occasionally it I'm talking once every few months and is never more than a car boots worth of mainly cardboard boxes. To the person who mentioned about doing it before I went on holiday- I put it out at around 8am and arranged for it to be collected at lunch but he'd moved it in-between.

I met with him today to talk about the issues. I have agreed to keep nothing on the shared drive, which I feel is fair and also agreed to have a higher fence fitted at my expense. In return I ask him to respect my families privacy and stop taking pictures of my back garden that is a private space.

He told me he has sent letters to other neighbors about their choice of parking space, I did find that strange as it is on street parking so not sure he has the right to dictate this to anyone but as others have said life is to short.

He also mentioned the kids garden toys ( trampoline ect) as crap so guessing he isn't a fan of kids although its mainly a family street.

To the person who mentioned about van size -mine is small- Citroen berlingo and is brand new so tidier than most cars. To the poster who said they should ban all vans from residental areas, I hope you stick to your word when you need a trades person to work at your property and make it clear to any tradesman what a stuck up attitude you take to van drivers.

Top work, and good luck. Hope it works out. :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Geezer in my My mums road has 4 large vans plus two cars evenly distributed down the whole Road, parks on verges and ruins the grass, I would hardly describe being irritated by that as snobbery ffs!
''Patcham is overrun with vans parked everywhere, real shame!'' ..no but this is ffs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm having this image of you sitting in your armchair, wearing a barbour jacket, whilst holding a shotgun and shouting at your neighbours across the Thames :cool:

The insolence! I'm more a Harris Tweed jacket... :wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Glad you got it sorted.

He sounds like a right sack of shit, you have my sympathies.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Neighbour is clearly obsessive bonkers. Tell him to mind his own business next time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Or a packet of Werther's Originals and he will be your friend for life...

It's an absolute LIE, pure marketing, that old people eat Werthers. Never existed back in the day, when people were old, everyone knows grans and grandpa's sucked on barley sugar...or gums...their gums, not fruit ones.

Now, you've got me wanting a barley sugar for the first time in years and at 22:04 there's ZERO chance of that happening. Thanks. Thanks a lot...:annoyed::shootself

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I think that's very good of you. Well done, to be congratulated. Excellent negotiation skills - fancy having a crack at Brexit?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry Ash, you're wrong. They are put there by the developer to encourage purchasers to buy houses where business vans etc won't be an issue in quiet residential areas. This is often in newer developments which aren't adopted by local councils where maintenance of the roads and estate is passed by the developers to a management company run by residents/directors. Such covenants are taken seriously and may be enforced by usually by soft touch with a letter or sometimes a parking enforcement company.

Or by ****ing up their own arse twats

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here