Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trivial things about footballers that really annoy you but shouldn't

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really if he 'needs' an energy gel after 25-30 actual minutes of football, not playing time, there's something very very wrong with his preparation.

Wouldn’t agree - trickling in 100kcal, plus (most likely) a bit of caffeine every 30 mins or so is pretty reasonable during a high intensity session of 90-odd mins......

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The fact they earn imaginable amounts of money doing something they love... while nurses, teachers and utility workers earn **** all doing incomparably more important, yet stressful, jobs.

I suppose if you were offered 100k+ a week you’d turn it down.

#GetNursesFootballersWages and all that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dopey arrogant twats unable to do the 20 metre dash between team coach and player entrance without the use of headphones to blot out having to make any contact with normal people.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wearing gloves when the temperature is above freezing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn’t agree - trickling in 100kcal, plus (most likely) a bit of caffeine every 30 mins or so is pretty reasonable during a high intensity session of 90-odd mins......

Even if that were the case, not to mention the ball staying in play for the full 90 minutes, DS would still be the second to last player who 'needed' an energy gel. (Let's be honest it's all a bit late for our Glenn)

Quite why the midfield anchor needs an energy boost above the wingers who have to be full backs and the full backs who are expected to be wingers, makes it all the more a mockery.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Even if that were the case, not to mention the ball staying in play for the full 90 minutes, DS would still be the second to last player who 'needed' an energy gel. (Let's be honest it's all a bit late for our Glenn)

Quite why the midfield anchor needs an energy boost above the wingers who have to be full backs and the full backs who are expected to be wingers, makes it all the more a mockery.

Pretty sure Glenn will have bread and dripping before the match. Perfect mix of fat and carbs [emoji16][emoji106]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Doing a post match interview after bagging a hat-trick and spouting b0ll0x that 'It's all about the team and three points'.

Nah, I don't buy it. You'd move to a higher payer tomorrow.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm not a Traffic Warden, or a Traffic Cop for that matter - but parking where they like, when they like (who gives a shit about a £40 ticket...) and driving as fast as they like, when they like (expensive lawyer will get them off) irks me a bit. Not all players, obviously - just some.

PS : I have it on good authority that Glenn Murray shuns energy gel and just has a bag of pork scratchings. :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching a 35 year old run his nuts off each week while a 24 stands by.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Blowing the snot from their nose straight onto the pitch. Haven't they heard of handkerchiefs? If a snot sprayed pitch isn't incentive enough for Zaha to stay on his feet, I don't know what is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dopey arrogant twats unable to do the 20 metre dash between team coach and player entrance without the use of headphones to blot out having to make any contact with normal people.

[yt]gT-6Bu0AbqQ[/yt]

You'll enjoy this then. I certainly did :lolol:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Subs not being ready to come on, as in no shin pads or shirt and under layers of tracksuits an coats.

For god sake man it’s your (very well paid) job. Make sure you’re warmed-up, dressed and ready to whip off your jumper and get out there.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Taking time to place the ball a billimetre within the quadrant for a corner in order to try and be clever by using the 'whole of the ball over whole of the line' b0ll0x.

Stick it in the quadrant, or even on the line and kick the ####er. A few billimeteres ain't gonna change nowt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8656310 said:
We really should be including pics/gifs/videos!

I give you Mo Salah's sleeves!

Mohamed-Salah-680873.jpg

Yeah.....

sleeves.jpg

the t'wat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here