Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Sky vs Virgin Media - any views/experiences ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Basically paying about 50 a month for the most basic package, for 75 I can get better channels, Netflix/sky box sets and a box in the bedroom!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

With Virgin I pay a bit more than £75 for everything including BT and Sky Sports, that’s just for TV (our phones and broadband are dealt with elsewhere).

The only minus is missing out on Sky Atlantic. Sky obviously won’t sell their best channel, to tempt punters away from rivals.

I’m happy with Virgin, at different homes I’ve been with them for 24 years, nothing ever seems to go wrong.

It seems to me that if you want wall to wall BT Sports and Sky Sports, you have to shell out a lot, whoever you use.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
thumbnail_IMG_2125.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Basically paying about 50 a month for the most basic package, for 75 I can get better channels, Netflix/sky box sets and a box in the bedroom!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Give them a call, play the game and you'll end up being offered a much better package for a couple of quid more than you are paying already. Worth 20 minutes of your time although last time I did it, the bloke at the other end was getting near the end of his shift so said to me rather than play the game, what do you want to get and I'll do my best to get it. I asked for about £40 off my package and he not only did that bit threw in extra channels as well.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I phoned Virgin to cancel sky sports. I generally do that at the end of each football season, then start it again when the new season starts. This time Virgin said rather than cancel I could have sky sports free for 2 months. Job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here