Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Any NSC folkies on here, and a possible folk "celebrity" fan?

Well past my first, or even second flush of youth and this week saw me for the first time attending gigs on consecutive nights, both involving folk "royalty".

Thursday at the De La Warr Pavilion saw the legendary Richard Thompson with quite a rocking (for him) electric set with band plus a few of his acoustic gems - pretty lively for a chap who will be 70 in April. I suspect if you are a guitar player he will either inspire you try harder or put your guitar on eBay - particularly if you witness him play this as he did on Thursday.

Yesterday saw "Show of Hands" at Tunbridge Wells, also a great gig. During Steve Knightley's entertaining between song banter he reminisced about living in Brighton in the early '80's "during the Seagull's golden era" and mentioned travelling to follow them a lot during that period. He is a West Country chap and I believe more of a fan of the game played by men with odd shaped balls - specifically Exeter Chiefs RFC (who are not doing badly themselves) based on banter at previous gigs.

Anyone recall him from this era, would be strange if he actually was a member of the board?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent coupe of evenings! First saw Thompson in 1968, before the van crash. Only relatively recently discovered Show of Hands, but they were excellent when I saw them last year. As soon as I heard it, I simply had to add Cousin Jack to my repertoire - what a song!

Excellent coupe of evenings! First saw Thompson in 1968, before the van crash. Only relatively recently discovered Show of Hands, but they were excellent when I saw them last year. As soon as I heard it, I simply had to add Cousin Jack to my repertoire - what a song!

Think they are down your way on this tour - later in the month. They started the show with a very rousing "Cousin Jack" which, despite having absolutely no Cornish DNA , always gets me.

Support were lively and jolly bunch of youngsters - Alden, Patterson and Dashwood - available on Spotify if you wish to listen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here