Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Muzza and Horlicks.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
An interesting article with Muzza :)

Glenn Murray: ‘I’m addicted to scoring goals – it’s one of my favourite things in the world’

There are, Murray says, no secrets to how he has kept in remarkable shape — for an 18-year-old, let alone a man of 35 — just a constant daily grind: training ground work, yoga, gym, good diet, ice baths. “At the end of the day I go home and hopefully get a half-decent night’s sleep if the kids don’t keep me up,” he says. Brighton’s younger players will occasionally give Murray and veteran defender Bruno, 38, stick about their age. Murray laughs when it is pointed out that he and Bruno became the oldest pair to combine for a goal in the Premier League when he struck against Wolves, their combined 73 years and 57 days beating Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs’s record of 72 years and 168 set when they netted against Newcastle in 2010. In that match he also became only the second Brighton player to reach 100 goals. “I celebrated with a cup of Horlicks and an ice bath,” he jokes. “Sometimes after two or three days off we might be a bit stiffer than the younger boys, but it’s all in good humour and there’s a lot of respect there.”

More........

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for that....

He seems to be generating an enormous amount of press interest at the moment, and also seems to have become far more relaxed, confident and comfortable. Thought his appearance on Goals on Sunday was excellent - a guy completely at ease with what he’s doing and loving it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for that....

He seems to be generating an enormous amount of press interest at the moment, and also seems to have become far more relaxed, confident and comfortable. Thought his appearance on Goals on Sunday was excellent - a guy completely at ease with what he’s doing and loving it.
True. It's great to see Glenn comfortable and confident in media situations. When you consider that he was always seen as aloof and sulky by many it's really nice to see the bloke's true personality. LEGEND.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Lovely article. Comes across better now than he did before, I think.

On a serious note, what became of the involvement he had with the tax police?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks for that....

Muzza's mentioned a few times lately, that he takes a moment just before each game to take in the setting of a PL stadium and vast crowd, absorbing it all as it won't last forever. He's a great role model to your younger players if they want to listen, in every way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here