Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The towels being rearranged on the heated towel rail after I've hung them up.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Sense of direction.

My other half is RETARDED. She will volunteer to map read round motorway roadworks, for example and then just not tell me where to go. We come up to a roundabout:-

Me "which way here?"

Her "Hang on"

Me "well I can't, there's 3 exits"

Her "errr"

Me "right I'm going straight across"

We travel 100 yards down the road

Her "that was wrong"

She also managed to get lost coming back from a doctors appointment the other day. There's roadworks and she thought she take a detour to avoid them, finished up driving in completely the wrong direction for 10 minutes. The surgery is TWO MINUTES drive away....

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Another one which I find really irritating, if not a little repulsive. After brushing her teeth instead of rinsing the froth residue from around her mouth with water she wipes it on the towel. I really dont get that one. How hard is it to rinse your lips with water. So we end up with froth smeared towels which I have to then use to dry the various parts of my body.
My husband “dries” his ears on the bath towels. Of course, he’s not bloody drying them, is he? No, he’s cleaning them. It’s disgusting. Lots of little brown waxy blobs all over the towels, yuck.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sense of direction.

My other half is RETARDED. She will volunteer to map read round motorway roadworks, for example and then just not tell me where to go. We come up to a roundabout:-

Me "which way here?"

Her "Hang on"

Me "well I can't, there's 3 exits"

Her "errr"

Me "right I'm going straight across"

We travel 100 yards down the road

Her "that was wrong"

She also managed to get lost coming back from a doctors appointment the other day. There's roadworks and she thought she take a detour to avoid them, finished up driving in completely the wrong direction for 10 minutes. The surgery is TWO MINUTES drive away....
This !

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Indeed. Once I asked her nicely to please not speak in cinema as it is rude, she promised she would try. We then went to watch a film that opens with a man walking through the snow, she turned to me and asked 'Who is that'?. Sake.

I feel for you. My missus talks in the cinema too. That's why I no longer take her to see a film I actually want to watch. Although that's the only annoying habit my missus has so I can't really fault her.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There's many, many things that she does that rile me, after being married for over 35 years it's expected.
But, she buys me beer, she loves me

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
She is always leaving the empty bog roll tube on the holder instead of putting a fresh one on ready for the next person to use the bathroom but of course WOE BETIDE me if i ever forget to replenish it...........

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My husband “dries” his ears on the bath towels. Of course, he’s not bloody drying them, is he? No, he’s cleaning them. It’s disgusting. Lots of little brown waxy blobs all over the towels, yuck.

Just be grateful he doesn't leave a residue of a similar hue on the towels when he "dries" his arse.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I feel for you. My missus talks in the cinema too. That's why I no longer take her to see a film I actually want to watch. Although that's the only annoying habit my missus has so I can't really fault her.
My last 2 girlfriend's have done that! So ****ing embarrassing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

I like him!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

Sorry, I'm going go have to come back to this. There is not a woman in history who has ever simply asked "are you working tomorrow"? without upon hearing the answer, followed it up with "Okay, it's just because......."

No woman has ever asked " are you working tomorrow"? (or similar, "do you need the car tomorrow? Are you out tonight? etc), received a yes or no answer and just walked away*. It is against the laws of nature.

*can you imagine how worried you'd be if she did!?

Why does she want to know? No explanation? What is she up to? Ha!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mrs V brushes her teeth while running the tap and not using it, wasting water is really annoying. Plus she can't close any of the kitchen drawers or cupboard doors quietly.

Mrs Q has had her shower and done her make up in the spare room by 4-40 a.m. and then proceeds to empty the dishwasher ‘Quietly’............... god no wonder I am an irritably old git most of the time.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I love how women call it multi-tasking. What you are actually doing is half arseing a few tasks because you can’t concentrate on one thing at a time. You do realise that us men wait until you have cleared off then go around fixing all the jobs you have half completed .

My wife, who is looking over my shoulder, is asking if you are divorced. I think you are right

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Talking loudly on the phone in her loud Hospital voice (she's a nurse and no, the uniforms do not compensate for it) when the phone is cordless and she's shouting down it 2 feet away whilst I'm watching TV. She's doing it now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My wife, who is looking over my shoulder, is asking if you are divorced. I think you are right

No, no. If she took a moment to read my post correctly, Hello Mrs. HG! she would note that I do not mention the things done wrong. I merely do my rounds correcting things when she has left the scene. It's never spoken of and life goes on just fine.

As an aside I'll type one sentence. Women, will be oblivious, men will know exactly what I mean without any need of further explanation. That sentence is....Piles of things.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No word of a lie she’s literally just done this:-

She’s upstairs feeding our baby to sleep. I bath her and she feeds her, it’s what we do.

Having home made fish and chips tonight so I ask her to put the oven on before we swap over with the baby...

I even tell her 180 fan please.

Come down, it’s on 250 fan because “it heats up quicker”

Cue one side of the fish flash fried in 3 seconds. Sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No, no. If she took a moment to read my post correctly, Hello Mrs. HG! she would note that I do not mention the things done wrong. I merely do my rounds correcting things when she has left the scene. It's never spoken of and life goes on just fine.

Mrs HG says Hi and says that it is just one of those things that you love about her.

Apparently it annoys Mrs HG that I leave my socks all around the house, but also she loves that I do it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here