Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mrs HG is saying that it is just one of those things that you love about her.

Apparently it annoys Mrs HG that I leave my socks all around the house, but also she loves that I do it :shrug:

Well she's wrong. It pisses me the **** off and wastes countless ****ing time I could spend doing something I actually want to do. I work long hours and resent having to go around fixing another person's **** ups.

Having said that, I do love her.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well she's wrong. It pisses me the **** off and wastes countless ****ing time I could spend doing something I actually want to do. I work long hours and resent having to go around fixing another person's **** ups.

Having said that, I do love her.

Thats one of the sweetest thing you’ve said on here Clamp

(that I’ve seen)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My wife has unfortunately inherited her families talent of walking round the house on her heels.
When I'm upstairs and she's in the kitchen, it really does sound like there's a several shire horses running around :rolleyes:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I used to have quite a number, but a couple of years ago my wife died and now I'm lonely. Appreciate your loved ones whilst there here, the things that annoy you now will be the things that you miss.

That being said, I can't bring myself to leave washing in the machine for a ridiculous amount of time in homage.

Mate- sounds tough- stay strong! [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It doesn’t go with the wood flooring old chap.

Mrs HG has an interior aesthetic to uphold you know, so get it together will you?

You will struggle to believe this LK, but we put the house up for sale and viewers have been complimenting her on the house, but so far no one has praised me. It’s like I never existed

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No word of a lie she’s literally just done this:-

She’s upstairs feeding our baby to sleep. I bath her and she feeds her, it’s what we do.

Having home made fish and chips tonight so I ask her to put the oven on before we swap over with the baby...

I even tell her 180 fan please.

Come down, it’s on 250 fan because “it heats up quicker”

Cue one side of the fish flash fried in 3 seconds. Sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish and chips does not involve an oven.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
You will struggle to believe this LK, but we put the house up for sale and viewers have been complimenting her on the house, but so far no one has praised me. It’s like I never existed

Incredible! Yet another kick in the ..... for the Middle Class White Male.

It’s not right, I tell you.

So what else do you do that annoys Mrs HG?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Always right even when proved wrong, which just leads to more pain and deflection to some old unrelated transgression forgotten by me, but not her as women never forget.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Quite. There is no such thing as multi-tasking. What is happening is switch-tasking. It's not possible for your frontal cortex to work on two completely different things at the same time.

I can poo and read the paper at the same time......

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Incredible! Yet another kick in the ..... for the Middle Class White Male.

It’s not right, I tell you.

So what else do you do that annoys Mrs HG?

She has given me a few examples LK but I think they are so insignificant that they aren’t worthy of posting on NSC. I am taking from the paucity of examples that I must be pretty easy to live with

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Pissing off to a wedding saying she'll be back home. But texting to say shes staying out and dossing in a friend's hotel room for the night. Taking the car seat with her leaving me ****ed for tomorrow until she rolls in hungover at **** knows what time tomorrow afternoon probably.

Oh, you said little things.. how much time do you have?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I could go on all day, off the top of my head:
- Leaving things on the stairs that need to be put up but walking past them until I pick them up
- Forever miss-placing her keys/phone etc then getting angry at me for not helping her find them
- Making a sandwich and leaving all the ingredients out and not tidying up as she goes
- Never cooking. Ever. But moaning she is hungry so I make her some food. Then complaining my portion sizes are making her fat.
- Double Standards in general
- Buying things we don't need, then returning them
- Asking my opinion on something then getting angry at me for not genuinely having one
- Talking over me and cutting me off.
- Not going to bed when she is tired and falling asleep on the sofa.
- Calling me when I am working for trivial things that can wait until I am home
- Complaining the house is a mess when we have kids
- Being unable to do anything with the children (shopping, paperwork, etc) but expecting me to do DIY while holding a baby and a toddler at my ankles then moaning how much I have got done
- Moaning as whatever I do is not good enough. I tidied up the whole house the other day and she had a go about the fridge being disorganised.
- Wanting me to both simultaneously work less, but make more money.
- Asking for something as soon as I sit down to eat dinner when she could just go into the kitchen herself.
- Generally not be self-sufficient and asking for things. I was brought up with a attitude of doing things for yourself. i.e I would never ask someone to get me a drink in my own house.
- Comparing us to our friends, "X is always taking Y away."
- Be massively impatient, yet taking ages to do anything herself.
- Asking me to add things to the Alexa shopping list despite being in the same room.
- Shouting at me from another room/floor for me to come to her so she can talk to me

Last edited:

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Trying to plan some random thing together a few weeks ahead knowing full well that it coincides with Brighton are playing at home. She wanted to go to the Lake District knowing full well we play Leicester at home that weekend! Ive told her l will take her the weekend of the 8/9 Dec (when we play Burnley away), but lve forgot to mention that bit yet!)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There was a similar thread a little while ago and the antics of Fat Superman's other half had me in stitches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here