Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

You’d hate me then. I rewind to the bit where the wife interupted to ensure I didn’t miss anything. And yes it drives her mad too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I'll start.

You're completely missing the point there Edna. It's not being paused to listen to your question - its being PAUSED to let you KNOW that you've INTERRUPTED his viewing, but he doesn't want to start a row by saying 'shhhhhhhhhh, I'm watching something'. How do I know this ? :whistle::whistle:

Anyway......top for me is Mrs D putting dirty dishes on the worktop above the dishwasher until there is a big collection of them. Put them IN the dishwasher as you create them FFS.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'll start.

I’m with him ..Although it doesn’t seem to annoy my ex other half

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I'll start.

Perfectly reasonable response. How does he know how long you’re going to waffle on for?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're completely missing the point there Edna. It's not being paused to listen to your question - its being PAUSED to let you KNOW that you've INTERRUPTED his viewing, but he doesn't want to start a row by saying 'shhhhhhhhhh, I'm watching something'. How do I know this ? :whistle::whistle:

I guess I know that really, but it still grates :lol:

Consequently, I have been known to pause, wait until he's restarted his viewing, then ask him another question just so he has to pause it again :lol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

I'll start.

I'm with him on that one. I press pause everytime also.:D

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

I'll start.

I do this too, just to be a dick.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Emptying the bin when it doesn't need emptying and then complaining that I don't do it.

I would happily empty the bin EVERY SINGLE TIME I was the one who filled it but I am NEVER going to do it when it is only 70% full.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm with him on that one. I press pause everytime also.:D

On the one hand, the replies so far seem to confirm the old stereotype that men cannot multi task.

On the other, he's often watching one thing on the TV and another on his iPad at the same time, therefore being concerned about missing two seconds of one to say "Yes" seems a tad unnecessary.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mine always seems to know better than experts when we're having significant work done on the house/car etc.

'Won't take that long/they didn't need to do that'.

Nb. Pause is always the way, as invariably one answer leads to another question.

pause-button-stock-picture-767867.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is certainly not exclusive to my other half but trying to talk to me from another room. You only catch every other word , the washer is usually on or the TV or radio so I can barely hear them. Just come into the room and talk. Just not while I’m trying to watch a program though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The kitchen. She's like a magnet when I go in there. Yesterday, I was emptying the dishwasher minding my own business. In trots the wife and chucks a bag of washing on the floor, blocks the way to all the cupboards and opens the washing machine and then starts sorts the washing into colours. I thought bollocks to this and went in the lounge to get the 'Are you going to finish this off? question

Well I effing would if you'd get out the way FFS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find myself hoping [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] has some contribution to make to this thread.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

I'll start.

My step dad does that and it's F**king annoying.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love how women call it multi-tasking. What you are actually doing is half arseing a few tasks because you can’t concentrate on one thing at a time. You do realise that us men wait until you have cleared off then go around fixing all the jobs you have half completed .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here