Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Top 10 unhealthiest Bigh streets / Top 10 Healthiest

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What is classed as Brighton’s “high street” out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno, gotta be Western Road I guess. Personally, I question the criteria because Brighton is rammed full of fast food places and restaurants with high calorie meals. I suppose because it has a handful of dedicated veggie places they reckon it balances out but I’m sceptical.

Oct 25, 2003
I dunno, gotta be Western Road I guess. Personally, I question the criteria because Brighton is rammed full of fast food places and restaurants with high calorie meals. I suppose because it has a handful of dedicated veggie places they reckon it balances out but I’m sceptical.

Yeh agree with all that which is why I asked. The most “high street-y” type area is a bit of a dive to be frank. I wouldn’t walk along Western Road and think “this place is really promoting a health lifestyle”. North Laine- yes, very much so but wouldn’t call that high street as it’s too NICHE. Brighton is definitely healthier than most British cities but wouldn’t attribute that to its high street

ALSO SCEPTICAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
your criteria of where oop north is. I don't think the north would lay claim to some of those locations, they would be darn saaarf

Okay, a couple in the Midlands. All oop North to any sensible person.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a nonsense, as note in the other thread, this is really a measure of expensive/popular high streets. wander away from the "high st" of Eastbourne or Brighton and there's plenty of fast food available.

and expect more, because its a service industry that isn't easily transferred online. though thats changing and maybe in 5-10 years once Deliveroo Kitchen and Uber eat (whatever their names) are dominating fast food, we'll read laments about how few traditional kebabs and chippies are available in the local area etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here