• Undecided

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Physically change something or make something happen ..... of course not.

It might give some people some comfort though. It also depends on what you mean by praying. Every Christmas I go to St Helens Church and light a candle for my grandparents that used to worship there. I then have a few minutes of quiet reflection remembering the great times I had with them. Is that praying ? I'm in no way remotely religious though so I'd suggest not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My old Mother-in-law used to pray to St Anthony, the patron Saint of lost causes if she lost her keys etc... Surprisingly, it often worked.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all the evidence say no. if it does work, it is at best intermittent and erratic intervention, indistinguishable from random.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
it's nonsense. End of thread.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My old Mother-in-law used to pray to St Anthony, the patron Saint of lost causes if she lost her keys etc... Surprisingly, it often worked.

St Anthony Bloom has done a fair bit of good for all of us, bless him!

481ce01f79a58cb99c79258beb25d67c.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Physically change something or make something happen ..... of course not.

It might give some people some comfort though. It also depends on what you mean by praying. Every Christmas I go to St Helens Church and light a candle for my grandparents that used to worship there. I then have a few minutes of quiet reflection remembering the great times I had with them. Is that praying ? I'm in no way remotely religious though so I'd suggest not.

I would probably say its not praying, you are just paying respect with quiet reflection to loved ones in a situation/place you fondly remember them with, just happens to be in a church I like millions will be at a place on nov 11th with the same quiet reflection, dont think anyone would say that is praying.
Praying is surely to the divine above to intervene on a behalf

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was brought up to pray. You know the "god bless mummy, god bless daddy" kinda thing. I used to pray for the young children in Africa, poor innocents dying because of famine and disease.

Did it make any difference? Did it ****.

If god wasn't going to stop young, innocent children dying needlessly, then it wasn't a god I wanted anything to do with.

Praying is a waste of time and energy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here