Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Lennon

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whilst throwing a coin is not acceptable....

What the hell did he think would happen?

He's a massive cock though and this was going to happen to him at some point.

The thrower should get a life ban, but Lennon should get a hefty punishment as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought that as well, and watching on SSN today he was acting like a complete cock towards the Hearts fans.

That said, still not right though and hope they catch and ban the tosser who threw it.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Whoever threw the coin is an absolute moron and deserves the full weight of the law thrown at them, if identified.

Lennon was acting like an absolute idiot himself though, and being hit by the coin, should in no way mitigate against any punishment that comes his way, for goading the crowd the way he did. He was WAY over the top.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a total moron. Of course throwing a coin isn't acceptable, indeed the perpetrator, if found, should be given a hefty penalty, but I ask you, is goading the Hearts fans acceptable then? Did he really expect them to sit back and not react?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought that as well, and watching on SSN today he was acting like a complete cock towards the Hearts fans.

That said, still not right though and hope they catch and ban the tosser who threw it.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find him I imagine the Scotchish thrower had the coin on a piece of string.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Must have been a hefty coin to knock him off his feet.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What a total moron. Of course throwing a coin isn't acceptable, indeed the perpetrator, if found, should be given a hefty penalty, but I ask you, is goading the Hearts fans acceptable then? Did he really expect them to sit back and not react?

I'm the other end of the coin. Goading fans is part and parcel of the entertainment of football. Whilst this should probably get some financial punishment, nothing more ludicrous is needed.

Throwing a coin can lead to serious, serious injury though. This is a really serious issue and the idiot who did it should not be allowed in football grounds again (and should probably face imprisonment). I honestly can't, for the life of me, imagine what goes through someone's head when they throw a coin at someone. I'd go as far as to say that if I ever saw a Brighton fan doing it, I'd be reporting that idiot to the police straight away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm the other end of the coin. Goading fans is part and parcel of the entertainment of football. Whilst this should probably get some financial punishment, nothing more ludicrous is needed.

Throwing a coin can lead to serious, serious injury though. This is a really serious issue and the idiot who did it should not be allowed in football grounds again (and should probably face imprisonment). I honestly can't, for the life of me, imagine what goes through someone's head when they throw a coin at someone. I'd go as far as to say that if I ever saw a Brighton fan doing it, I'd be reporting that idiot to the police straight away.

It's a fierce local derby. Passions run high. Sectarianism is involved (Hibs are Cafflik, Hearts are not). Lennon's been around the block of all that s**t long enough to know better. Probably too late for him to learn any class as a manager or a person tho eh?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

Err, isnt that usually considered to be "winding someone up"?

Not right he was hit by the coin...but ffs, he didn't need to go to the floor like that at all. About as convincing a dive as this emoji :wozza:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's a fierce local derby. Passions run high. Sectarianism is involved (Hibs are Cafflik, Hearts are not). Lennon's been around the block of all that s**t long enough to know better. Probably too late for him to learn any class as a manager or a person tho eh?

I don't doubt what you're saying about Lennon as a person. But in black and white terms, Lennon did something inadvisable whereas the person who threw the coin at another human committed a criminal offence. They're just not on the same level, whatever context you try and give it. And if you think they are, then you're taking football far, far too seriously.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Agreed. Throwing a coin or other potentially damaging object is wrong. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here