Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumber recommendation to change some radiators

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi,

Can anyone help and

a) recommend a decent plumber
b) give me an idea of the cost to replace 3 radiators? Might not be a straight swap as they are old 20+ years

They would need thermostatic valves fitting and i would probably use screwfix Barlo rads as they are similar to others in the house.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just had LWL Heating sort my boiler and rads out. Cost me £117 including VAT. They are based in Brighton and are excellent.

If you want their phone number message me.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
General question (based in Bristol and rented so no commissions I am afraid).

Have a shit recent new build, with a small radiator in a cold main bedroom, is it a simple process of being replaced with a larger one?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Have a shit recent new build, with a small radiator in a cold main bedroom, is it a simple process of being replaced with a larger one?

Most new builds have chip board flooring ( the devil’s work) taking up the floor to move the pipes is awkward.
Pipes can be run above the floor but it doesn’t look pretty.
Also the heating has to be drained down and obviously refilled after the work completed.
So not really a simple process.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Dave Butters has done a few jobs for me including calculating size of new radiators I needed for the entire ground floor and the fitting them. Decent chap, good workmanship and cleans up after himself.
07841 025210

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It is pretty simple usually. Test the rad you have is actually getting hot first though, it might be that most of the heat in the system is gone by the time it reaches that rad, you might just need to balance the flow to the radiators in the system to allow more heat to get to that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here