Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Beach Boys at the Centre July 2019

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
But only Mike Love from the original line up.

Are you actually paying to see the Beach Boys or a glorified tribute act?

If Paul and Ringo toured with a backing band and sang only Beatles songs would you class that as a Beatles gig?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But only Mike Love from the original line up.

Are you actually paying to see the Beach Boys or a glorified tribute act?

If Paul and Ringo toured with a backing band and sang only Beatles songs would you class that as a Beatles gig?

I think this is similar to if only Ringo toured as the Beatles. Brian Wilson has been doing similar to McCartney and touring under his own name playing Beach Boys/Beatles stuff as the main bulk of his set for years, and is a much more authentic experience than you'd get watching the Mike Love version.

I will never forget watching Guns N Roses reform at Reading, only for it to just be an overweight, late, Axl Rose. Absolutely not worth it, but everyone I know who's seen them in the past year with the original line up has been blown away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing will beat hearing Brian Wilson performing 'Pet Sounds' (plus most of The Beach Boys greatest hits) across the road in Preston Park in 2016. Just opened all me windows and let the glorious sounds flood in, clear as a bell. Unreal.

For that reason Lenny, I'm out

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Bad Manners, December 23rd, Concorde 2. That's the place to be.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nothing will beat hearing Brian Wilson performing 'Pet Sounds' (plus most of The Beach Boys greatest hits) across the road in Preston Park in 2016. Just opened all me windows and let the glorious sounds flood in, clear as a bell. Unreal.

Hate to say it but most of Wilson's vocals (and the Beach Boys vocals when they tour) are handled/enhanced by one Jeffry Poskett and the musicians are normally from The Wondermints. Wilson is however present on stage, just.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’ve seen both Mike Love and Brian Wilson in concert and can say each is worth going to.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hate to say it but most of Wilson's vocals (and the Beach Boys vocals when they tour) are handled/enhanced by one Jeffry Poskett and the musicians are normally from The Wondermints. Wilson is however present on stage, just.

Don't care, won't care. In other news: there's no santa claus, it's just your mum and dad :rolleyes:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

At Preston Park it was Matt Jardine singing the high notes for Brian. Poor old Brian was rather old and gravelly, but a legend nonetheless, and being there was an amazing experience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

When I saw them Brian Wilson was guided off the stage at the end.....but still managed to miss the stage door and bump into the frame. That said, I enjoyed the gig.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Don't misunderstand my previous comment - I love Brian Wilson alive, semi-dead or comatose and Jeffrey Poskett is pretty damn good in his own right, as are the Wondermints - they are all consummate professionals and superb musicians and together they really help introduce Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys songs and harmonies to successive generations

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Brilliant album

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

I think you will find it is Foskett lol

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Confusing him with the moustachioed Albion centre forward of yesteryear

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Saw Brian Wilson in 2002 and he was sensational. Saw the Beach Boys in 2004 and 2011 when it was Mike and Bruce and those were great too. Saw the 50th anniversary reunion in 2014 with Brian, Al, Bruce, Mike and David - and that was special too, but most of their voices were shot! Probably not worth seeing again now, but I’m chuffed I saw the majority of them one way or another!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here