Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] An academy to aspire to. Guess who?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
“Eighty-five percent of the first team players came through this academy, and the average stay here before reaching the first team is seven years, so we take them as young boys and mould them; these figures are just a consequence of our work.”

.“Any boy that’s born within a 60-kilometre radius of here is showered with balloons and gifts; maternity wards are plastered in red and white. This football club becomes part of our identity from the second we’re born.”

An easy quiz but a great article

https://www.canofootball.com/articl...my-development-within-a-culture-and-identity/

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Read that article a bit earlier today. Interesting stuff especially this:

just last year we had 1,500 nine-year-olds train here.

I know the Albion academy usually has about 20 nine year olds training in that age group but will have maybe a few hundred pass through on trials over the year.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
“Eighty-five percent of the first team players came through this academy, and the average stay here before reaching the first team is seven years, so we take them as young boys and mould them; these figures are just a consequence of our work.”

.“Any boy that’s born within a 60-kilometre radius of here is showered with balloons and gifts; maternity wards are plastered in red and white. This football club becomes part of our identity from the second we’re born.”

An easy quiz but a great article

https://www.canofootball.com/articl...my-development-within-a-culture-and-identity/

I should have guessed who it is, but didn't.

I went for a club in a different country who also play in red and white and who have a legendary academy.

Good article though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I went for a club in a different country who also play in red and white and who have a legendary academy.

Good article though.

Same here , should have phoned a friend

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Good article though.

Same here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here