Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boxing Day v Arsenal, trains.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I decided to pay a fortune and book ST from Polegate - pretty distasteful for them to wack the fare up for that game IMO

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I decided to pay a fortune and book ST from Polegate - pretty distasteful for them to wack the fare up for that game IMO

Couldn't you have asked if any other fans were driving over from Polegate and wanted to split the cost of parking? How many 5 seater cars will contain one person in the car park for the match? What a waste.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If memory serves, the last time we played a Boxing Day match at the Amex there was a train service laid on that was actually better than the normal matchday service at the time. Think it was a 10 minute shuttle service. Tho it might only have been Brighton-Falmer-Lewes shuttle.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Couldn't you have asked if any other fans were driving over from Polegate and wanted to split the cost of parking? How many 5 seater cars will contain one person in the car park for the match? What a waste.

What?! I dont see how you can criticise Gazwag for using a coach rather than a car!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother will miss his first game this season on that date as he has been to every away game and home game this season but (a) he lives some miles away and always travels by train especially over Christmas due to drink driving and having had a drink or two on Christmas Day. ( b) as he pointed out to me at the Wolves game Boxing Day is traditionally a day for sport during the day and the evening reserved for family time why should that all change to pamper to TV

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Are there any or shall I hurry up and grab 1 of the 40 odd parking spaces keft

There are officially no trains that day - I imagine Albion are seeing if there can be a shuttle service ( which is what they did before) . However I really think they will struggle this year as Southern and it's pals seem to think it's ok to no longer provide a reliable service or , indeed , any service . I mean why would you want a public transport system working on a day when 30,000 people are going to a football match ?If it's bad weather as well the attendance could be ruined by this

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It not just me travelling in our party

Sorry, I read ST as Sussex Taxi - I'm not entirely sure why, but that's my mistake and I apologise.

Seagull Travel is absolutely the way to get to the game, the service is generally very good and worth the investment.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry, I read ST as Sussex Taxi - I'm not entirely sure why, but that's my mistake and I apologise.

Seagull Travel is absolutely the way to get to the game, the service is generally very good and worth the investment.

No problem, we use them for night matches so we can guarantee to get home at a reasonable time, its just annoying they have put their prices up for the boxing day game

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I could be stuffed then! No buses, no trains and my son (who has the wheels) away on honeymoon.

I thought the whole idea with the Amex planning was to have adequate public transport availability to reduce the volume of private vehicles being driven to the games?

We finally get a home game on Boxing Day, and it all goes wrong.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
No problem, we use them for night matches so we can guarantee to get home at a reasonable time, its just annoying they have put their prices up for the boxing day game
I read it that they had to put their prices up as it cost them more to get the coaches in on Boxing Day. Don't think ST themselves are profiteering here

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I could be stuffed then! No buses, no trains and my son (who has the wheels) away on honeymoon.

I thought the whole idea with the Amex planning was to have adequate public transport availability to reduce the volume of private vehicles being driven to the games?

We finally get a home game on Boxing Day, and it all goes wrong.

There was a match-day shuttle rail service between Lewes and Brighton 4 years ago on Boxing Day against Reading.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My brother will miss his first game this season on that date as he has been to every away game and home game this season but (a) he lives some miles away and always travels by train especially over Christmas due to drink driving and having had a drink or two on Christmas Day. ( b) as he pointed out to me at the Wolves game Boxing Day is traditionally a day for sport during the day and the evening reserved for family time why should that all change to pamper to TV

That's very simple to answer. Because of the money they give us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's very simple to answer. Because of the money they give us.

I fully accept and understand that but my point is do we NEED to break with tradition for the pounds .. I can understand a lower league team needing to but we have ample opportunity to be on TV for the money, so no need to sell our soles.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Except they may have to pay drivers more to work that day?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I travel from London - I guess my only option is National Express Coach. Or does the Gatwick Express run on Boxing Day?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here