Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan on Dunk and Duffy - hmmmmm!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"I don’t know if I’ve ever played with two players that defend with such desperation and get so many blocks in", says Maty Ryan on centre-back pairing Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy.

That's nice, Maty.

“I can’t think of a better defensive duo and if they keep performing as they are, there’s no reason why they couldn’t play for a top team."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/ryan-hails-outstanding-defensive-duo/

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I don’t know if I’ve ever played with two players that defend with such desperation and get so many blocks in", says Maty Ryan on centre-back pairing Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy.

That's nice, Maty.

“I can’t think of a better defensive duo and if they keep performing as they are, there’s no reason why they couldn’t play for a top team."

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/ryan-hails-outstanding-defensive-duo/

Dunk probably put him up to it in the hope of getting a new contract extension.

el punal

That's nice, Maty.

I never realised that Australia were recognised as a top team. :drink:

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
He probably meant that if they keep performing as they are, we will all be playing for a top team :whistle:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011

That's nice, Maty.

I must say, the way the defence celebrated together like a Champions League Final win at the end shows a cause and a spirit rarely seen.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That's nice, Maty.

I can't think of a better defensive trio! Maty was absolutely superb behind Dunkin Duffy yesterday.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"There is no reason why they couldn't play for a top club like Manchester United".

Not the most ambiguous of quotes.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonky wording but I get what he is saying.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We have a 'Communications Team' at work who put out press releases and so on. They often quote staff - but generally speaking their 'quotes' are not precisely what we said. So unless we hear Maty actually saying this, we don't really know what precisely he said, or in what context. For instance, I know that quotes are often answers such as 'could D&D play for a top team?' - 'Yes'

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Feeding off our manager seemingly amazed we're able to play at this level. Why shouldn't we be? This is an expensively assembled squad full of good players - let's have a bit more belief throughout the club. We're not Championship anymore, we are where we deserve to be.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We have a 'Communications Team' at work who put out press releases and so on. They often quote staff - but generally speaking their 'quotes' are not precisely what we said. So unless we hear Maty actually saying this, we don't really know what precisely he said, or in what context. For instance, I know that quotes are often answers such as 'could D&D play for a top team?' - 'Yes'

It was what he said in the post match interview - I heard it on the radio on my drive home after the game. I thought when I heard it that it was an unfortunate choice of words!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here