Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves verdict.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Some quite patronising stuff in there.

'But they got the 3 points. With their finances and resources, winning 3 in a row in the Prem is a huge achievement. We are clearly on a different path to them with more resources available but shouldn't forget that not everybody has the rich owners and contacts that we do'

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to argue with those mostly reasonable responses. I’m not sure I’m going to enjoy watching us playing the way we have in the last two home games, it’s been dull, incredibly frustrating but effective sprinkled with a big dose of luck.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

'But they got the 3 points. With their finances and resources, winning 3 in a row in the Prem is a huge achievement. We are clearly on a different path to them with more resources available but shouldn't forget that not everybody has the rich owners and contacts that we do'

I think what he probably means is that we don’t spend big in Premier League terms, they do and will no doubt continue to do so. We will go along slowly slowly hoping to improve year on year. I confess that I do envy the way teams like Wolves, Watford and Bornemouth play, miles ahead of us on the entertainment front.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
I think what he probably means is that we don’t spend big in Premier League terms, they do and will no doubt continue to do so. We will go along slowly slowly hoping to improve year on year. I confess that I do envy the way teams like Wolves, Watford and Bornemouth play, miles ahead of us on the entertainment front.

Very true, and like Watford and Bournemouth the key is to build the club in a sustainable way. Not spend, spend, spend and hope your Portuguese cousins hand down a player or two!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Albion wining is good enough for me

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Bournemouth are in their 4th season in the Premier league. That really helps.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hard to argue with those mostly reasonable responses. I’m not sure I’m going to enjoy watching us playing the way we have in the last two home games, it’s been dull, incredibly frustrating but effective sprinkled with a big dose of luck.

Very true Icy; if this is indeed the long-term strategy, although honourable in its intent and (as I said elsewhere) whilst playing to our undoubted strengths - well; it promises to be a very, very long season of watching endless attacking waves, smashing off our granite like cliff face. Lady luck has been massively with us, certainly today, and if we perform like this against Everton - (gulp) I foresee a painful result. We must get better at alleviating pressure and fast.

I'm taking the six points, but we're increasingly looking like cartoonish villains in black and white stripey tops, complete with eye masks creeping away with a bag of swag slung over our proverbial shoulders.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

Agreed, patronising and sounds like they have ideas well above their station. Only 10 games in and it sounds like they should be putting away little old plucky Brighton without breaking sweat...

I think they might be buying too much into their own hype, they could certainly do with coming down a peg or two :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth are in their 4th season in the Premier league. That really helps.

No, they have a manager who believes in building an attacking side who will score more than they concede hence the occasional heavy defeat, it’s a very different philosophy to CH. Both managers have been very succesful with different philosophies on how to play but Bournemouth have played that way at all levels every season under Howe. Sure they now have the players to cement a top 10 place but they haven’t changed their style. I doubt we will either.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They were absolutely fantastic today, but not in the final third. That's the only aspect of their game which needs to improve and that's a top 10 team in this league who could realistically look to emulate Everton. But nothing higher, because, well, they're Wolves. But they could establish themselves in the top 10, which is no criticism.

Maty Ryan was absolutely sensational at goalkeeping today, along with Duffy and Dunk heading anything away they could get near. Brilliant individual performances.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
You have to laugh at some of the comments! The game at Prem level is all about being clinical & taking your chances. I don’t know why that is so difficult to grasp!?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There's not many clubs that can withstand these hideous onslaughts and we won't be so lucky for much longer,but the points are in the bag and it's clear CH wants negative defensive football !!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agreed, patronising and sounds like they have ideas well above their station. Only 10 games in and it sounds like they should be putting away little old plucky Brighton without breaking sweat...

I think they might be buying too much into their own hype, they could certainly do with coming down a peg or two :shrug:

Definitely. 10 games back in the Prem and most of them seem cocky as f***.

I'd much rather go about building as a club in the manner we are than the way they're doing it with their dodgy connections and Chinese owners

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wolves were promoted, after playing some decent footy in the championship, to which they have continued in the PL.
Just because our 'hoof ball' (their words), doesn't suit their morality of football, really they should feck off.
They came to the Amex, outpassed us, didn't take their chances.
So deflecting the issue of their failing jaffa forward line, to moaning about us, doesn't really work.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
To me, the most important stats that I look at are the ones in the goals for and against column. We had 1 to their 0.

Im not happy giving them the opportunities to have 25 shots etc but did any of them really ever trouble us? i'd say no, so don't understand why they feel robbed?

efficiency is 1 shot on target and scoring 1 goal (on another debate, Murray must be the most efficient striker converting his chances in the premier league)

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nine points ...West Ham..hung on just...Newcastle battered...Wolves..best team lost.............No complaints it`s scoring more than opposition that counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here