Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Anthony Taylor

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's down there somewhere....his performance was a bit of a curates egg in my opinion...booking Kayal and not a Wolves player for the same offence ...seemed wise to Neves going down on a puff of wind....how he didn't yellow AK for an almost rugby tackle baffled me...etc etc

R0010040.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He's down there somewhere....his performance was a bit of a curates egg in my opinion...booking Kayal and not a Wolves player for the same offence ...seemed wise to Neves going down on a puff of wind....how he didn;t yellow AK for an almost rugby tackle baffled me...etc etc

View attachment 101676

He booked AK later on for the tackle. Rightly go was the worst rugby tackle or attempt I’ve seen in a long time

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
He did book AK for the 'rugby tackle', but it was after the period of play ended as the advantage had been played. Didn't do a lot wrong today - IMHO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought thecref had a good game, good use of the advantage too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was a bit shit and inconsistent imo. Conned by Wolves players quite a bit and by Murray, it has to be said, on occasion too.. No glaring errors I noticed though.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Probably should have given WW a penalty early on with Jose's raised arm, so he's alright by me :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He was the best ref we've had down here this season. Looked to play advantage and keep the game moving

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought he was mostly good. I can understand the booking Kayal, who made a clear move to block the shot, moving around one Wolves player and sticking a foot out to block the free kick, whereas the Wolves players was backing away from the freekick. Or at least that's how I saw it. Sure, it's still harsh and something that often goes unpunished, but I could see a reason for the difference in booking/not booking.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought he was mostly good. I can understand the booking Kayal, who made a clear move to block the shot, moving around one Wolves player and sticking a foot out to block the free kick, whereas the Wolves players was backing away from the freekick. Or at least that's how I saw it. Sure, it's still harsh and something that often goes unpunished, but I could see a reason for the difference in booking/not booking.

I saw it ,more as a result of the two fouls that Kayal committed to concede the freekick which he was lucky not to be booked for, and the blocking of the free kick was effectively totting up. Whatever it was for, I don't see that we can complain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here