Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The least effective substitutions ever

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Well, those two subs today were a real waste of time. Instead of being positive for the team, both were big negatives. Bissouma did pretty much nothing when he came on and Knockaert was truly awful.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I genuinely despair for you. Great 3 points. Murray’s 100th goal. Ridiculous Matt Ryan save at the end.

And you can’t wait to start a thread on this shite.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well, those two subs today were a real waste of time. Instead of being positive for the team, both were big negatives. Bissouma did pretty much nothing when he came on and Knockaert was truly awful.

Not a great deal you can do in 10 minutes, Bissouma made a couple of decent tackles, Knockaert make a brilliant challenge and was criminally booked for it (joke), and he got in some space for a decent chance, albeit wasted in the end. As far as I'm concerned I don't expect anyone to come on and shape the game in the space of 10 minutes, those subs wasted some valuable minutes and I think Jose was likely knackered by that point too so it made sense to bring on fresh legs in that position.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well, you'd be the expert on negatives.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thank you Captain Hindsight [emoji23][emoji23]

Think Jose is still being managed carefully with typical Albion caution on his return so understandable he was removed, although Ali looked absolutely shagged as well (was lying flat out on the pitch for an age after the final whistle) and March was also fading.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I genuinely despair for you. Great 3 points. Murray’s 100th goal. Ridiculous Matt Ryan save at the end.

And you can’t wait to start a thread on this shite.

Probably best to stop feeding him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Whilst I appreciate the need to not be negative, I totally agree with the principle of what's being said. The subs were strange and handed the initiative back to Wolves at a crucial time of the game. How our weakest attacker Jahanbakhsh stayed on the pitch is beyond me - he looked absolutely shagged by the end and clearly needed to come off after about 60 minutes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We need to congratulate CH for his bold substitutions, to bring on Bissouma as early as the 71st minute when not being for an injured player is most unlike CH as it usually has to be at least the 75th minute. This tactical change certainly helped the team across the line.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rubbish management, shocking substitutions. Cost us two points today.............................

......oh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not a great deal you can do in 10 minutes, Bissouma made a couple of decent tackles, Knockaert make a brilliant challenge and was criminally booked for it (joke), and he got in some space for a decent chance, albeit wasted in the end. As far as I'm concerned I don't expect anyone to come on and shape the game in the space of 10 minutes, those subs wasted some valuable minutes and I think Jose was likely knackered by that point too so it made sense to bring on fresh legs in that position.
Maybe he needs to make earlier subs and maybe utilise the squad more ?
But he's getting the points in that's for sure :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Not wrong. Bissouma changed things for the worse, but in the plus side (because we won) it was worth it for the song. AK sadly seemed like a man possessed (what was that double wrestling foul about?), until we had a great chance then he was dispossessed!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think either did anything wrong and very little right to be honest and also thought that the wrong player was taken off unless he was tiring in Iziquierdo. I would have taken Ali off.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hopefully your piss poor fishing attempts end up like this , real soon .

7Q91.gif

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
How do I place abet that first sub will be on 70 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here