Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Horrible Performance Coupled With Heroic Defending...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As both sets of fans queued to get out after the game, I heard a succession of well-meaning Albion fans offering ‘you have a great side. we got lucky there’ commiserations.
To which a wolves fan muttered ‘patronising bummers’. Lol.
Cheerio cheerio cheerio

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not enjoying watching bus parking at all. I could understand it at Newcastle but not at home games

It's painful at times, but I'd rather 3 points at the end of the match and survival this season than exciting defeats and the Championship next season to be honest.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We played like the away team , and for the first time since being in the Premier, we were a bit fortunate to come away with the 3 points

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Of course I am very happy with the 3 points but I was hoping that the new players we got in would stop us playing like that especially at home against a mid table team.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not enjoying watching bus parking at all. I could understand it at Newcastle but not at home games

I know what you mean, but at the end of the day teams like Huddersfield and Fulham down the bottom I'm sure would bloody love a solid defence and goalscorer right now. We really need to work on our ball retention, esp in central midfield, but winning 3 on the trot with 3 clean sheets is not to be sniffed at by any means in the Premier League

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We were terrible today and have played much much better and lost. That’s two games running we’ve been the worst team and taken 3 points. Can’t complain and the table is a joy to look at but you have to worry that the tide could turn if performances do t get better.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It will get better, we are struggling to find any cohesion at the moment so the ball keeps coming back at us. Great defending today at the end. 3pts is what matters most for now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were ok. Poor first half , better second. A huge win we prob didn’t deserve but hey, nobody will remember in years to come - we won 1-0 :)

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A wolves fan...from their forum.

But they got the 3 points. With their finances and resources, winning 3 in a row in the Prem is a huge achievement. We are clearly on a different path to them with more resources available but shouldn't forget that not everybody has the rich owners and contacts that we do. There is more than one way to win a football game!

Hmmmm.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A wolves fan...

But they got the 3 points. With their finances and resources, winning 3 in a row in the Prem is a huge achievement. We are clearly on a different path to them with more resources available but shouldn't forget that not everybody has the rich owners and contacts that we do. There is more than one way to win a football game!

Hmmmm.

"We are clearly on a different path to them..."

F### off

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We’re struggling for attacking fluency without the Gross-Propper-Stephens midfield, and our signings aren’t hitting the ground running, but that said our resilience and belief is incredible, we are simply cannot be broken down even when playing badly. I’m really impressed with us in that regard, delighted with the results.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We are clearly on a different path to them with more resources available but shouldn't forget that not everybody has the rich owners and contacts that we do....

I have to say they looked half decent - but certainly not worth losing bladder control over...

I think Jesus Espirito de Santo Madonna Pope John Paul III Nuno Managerio still has millions more to spend before they're even close to being a Billy big-balls side.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I have to say they looked half decent - but certainly not worth losing bladder control over...

I think Jesus Espirito de Santo Madonna Pope John Paul III Nuno Managerio still has millions more to spend before they're even close to being a Billy big-balls side.

Dear me no, I agree, arrogant twerps if you ask me.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How many times last season did we say we would love a ‘lucky’ win, rather than the number of draws we ended up with. Now that’s arguably three on the spin. These 9 points will be invaluable come the end of the season.

We can and will play better and I am pleased to hear the manager saying he isn’t happy with the performance. Means we will keep working hard and getting better.

That table makes wonderful reading tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here