Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham proving all out attack doesn't work in the PL

I'll start by acknowledging that like a few here on NSC we secretly hoped Fulham would join us after their great showing last season. We also got a bit of a scare early in the season when they walked all over us on the first half at home, only for our own heroics seeing us come back.

However, their wide open attacking play seems to have continued and they are paying the price being caught regularly on the break. 28 goals conceded in the first 10 games..As much as we ooh and aah and get increasingly frustrated at CH tactics, even seemingly playing not to lose at home (???) but no doubt the Fulham management could do worse than follow some of CH's tactics to steady the ship..

Hope they survive..(but we'll thrash them on their turf in the New Year :) ) ..

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll start by acknowledging that like a few here on NSC we secretly hoped Fulham would join us after their great showing last season. We also got a bit of a scare early in the season when they walked all over us on the first half at home, only for our own heroics seeing us come back.

However, their wide open attacking play seems to have continued and they are paying the price being caught regularly on the break. 28 goals conceded in the first 10 games..As much as we ooh and aah and get increasingly frustrated at CH tactics, even seemingly playing not to lose at home (???) but no doubt the Fulham management could do worse than follow some of CH's tactics to steady the ship..

Hope they survive..(but we'll thrash them on their turf in the New Year :) ) ..

It’s hardly a shock, is it? Anyone who knows anything about football could see what was going to happen to them. You can’t play football like that at the top level without top class players.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It's funny because a few blokes behind me spent most of the second half shouting at Hughton, calling him all sorts of names and screaming at him for negativity, lack of changes etc. You may be surprised to hear their chant of 'Chrissy Hughton is a tosser' didn't catch on

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fulham proving all out attack doesn't work in the PL

Yep, Fulham....Liverpool....Man.City....utter madness!

Actually what they are proving is that being not quite good enough doesn't work in the PL.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not been paying attention to them. but Martin Keown said on Final Score that the manager changes the team and formation every game including playing Sessegnon at left back. If true, it shows that having a plan and sticking to it is what works, not faffing about trying to justify spending shedloads of money.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Is the writing on the wall for Jokanovic at Fulham and who would replace him Pardew, Carvalhal? O r would they splash the cash for somebody like Lauen Blanc?

Spend a 100 million on new players and then appoint Pardew, that would be like the world’s most expensive cake and sticking a turd on top of it!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Looking at some of their positional work on MOTD last night, they look a complete mess. Makes me appreciate the "boring" qualities of organisation and shape which we have nailed down even more than I already did. Absolutely vital in this league.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I missed the match, but their defensive record suggests we gave them too much respect at The Amex?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Spend a 100 million on new players and then appoint Pardew, that would be like the world’s most expensive cake and sticking a turd on top of it!

Harry Redknapp, fresh from a month eating kangaroo anus in the jungle; spend another £100 million and have them both relegated and bankrupt by easter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Looking at some of their positional work on MOTD last night, they look a complete mess

I saw that and it made me think that it's not necessarily the tactics but a combination of ill discipline and lack of familiarity amongst the players caused by all the new signings and constant chopping and changing

Bournemouth have proved that a team of largely 'inexpensive' players can get results by playing fast attacking football.

Is it the tactics or just crap execution? I can't believe that Jokanovic is telling his back 4 to stray all over the pitch wherever they want as was illustrated on MOTD

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you watched today then?

I watched our game from the WSU then Fulham on MOTD. The OP is correct. Anyway, final scores, Brighton 1 Wolves 0 (three points, + 1 goal diffference) versus Fulham 0 B'muff 3 (no points, - 3 goal difference)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I read somewhere that the only player Jokanovic wanted to sign in the summer was unsurprisingly, Mitrovic. The rest of their expensive imports were not his choices, apparently. If true, might explain why they have no cohesion

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I read somewhere that the only player Jokanovic wanted to sign in the summer was unsurprisingly, Mitrovic. The rest of their expensive imports were not his choices, apparently. If true, might explain why they have no cohesion

Football rumours where Bens Grandad gets his info?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here