Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The best thing about the Premier League

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems rude not too.

I'm going to go completely against popular thinking, and surprising myself as well, but for me it's:-

Less games.

I thought I'd hate it, esp August through to December, but I appreciate the games more now, instead of the treadmill that is the Championship, already 5 games ahead.

A win today would fuel me for a while, as would a monumental cock-up, a bit of a lull then back on the horse in a couple of weeks time.
Whereas half the time a big win/loss in the Championship and I'd be instantly looking forward 72 hours to the next match.

Sorry, I feel quite dirty writing that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems rude not too.

I'm going to go completely against popular thinking, and surprising myself as well, but for me it's:-

Less games.

I thought I'd hate it, esp August through to December, but I appreciate the games more now, instead of the treadmill that is the Championship, already 5 games ahead.

A win today would fuel me for a while, as would a monumental cock-up, a bit of a lull then back on the horse in a couple of weeks time.
Whereas half the time a big win/loss in the Championship and I'd be instantly looking forward 72 hours to the next match.

Fewer. Its fewer.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm the opposite. I prefer more games as per the Championship. The dull International breaks slow the season momentum right down. (even though the Championship gets them too)

I'm loving the PL but rueing less games.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm the opposite. I prefer more games as per the Championship. The dull International breaks slow the season momentum right down. (even though the Championship gets them too)

I'm sure I'd be the same if we were losing every week and not scoring goals at home. :whistle:

Although that said, quickly rubbing out the memory of a poor performance with a worse one, might not be that appetizing either.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It seems rude not too.

Less games.

Agree with all that. I prefer less games.

Sorry I feel dirty agreeing with you.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every Amex game a sellout
Full away support at the Amex
Little Old BHA having world cup winners and the like to play against
Vast amounts of press coverage of us to read
Global interest
Getting anything against top 6 sides feels like winning the cup
Not being seen as an ‘irrelevance’ in the continual work discussions about football any more

Preferred the more frequent games in the Championship, more competitive games and less predictable results, but overall loving it so far.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I could put up with fewer games if it weren't for the trade-off with the boring, pointless and seemingly interminable international breaks. Why can't they be timed to coincide with another pointless measure, the winter break?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FEWER evening games is good. In the Championship it seemed to be the default and you'd be out there on any number of random school nights just to satisfy Sky

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Watching our little old BHA playing in the best league in the world - what’s not to like?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Last season I missed the midweek games from the Championship, but having gone through a season I am now in tune with the game pattern, although I still don't understand why so many games are packed into the period following the last international break to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I'm with you. I don't go to many away games so today will be my first match since 5th October, three weeks ago!

And if it wasn't for the fact I'm going to Everton next week, the next one would be nearly another month away on 24th November

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm with you. I don't go to many away games so today will be my first match since 5th October, three weeks ago!

And if it wasn't for the fact I'm going to Everton next week, the next one would be nearly another month away on 24th November

For god sake don't look at the upcoming fixture list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here