Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Brighton v Wolves

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 27th October 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Stephen Child
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Brighton's top scorer Glenn Murray suffered concussion against Newcastle last weekend and will be assessed.

Davy Propper and Pascal Gross remain out with ankle injuries but Bruno has recovered from a back spasm.

Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo has named an unchanged side for the opening nine league matches but hinted the defeat by Watford could be the catalyst for changes.

Adama Traore and Ivan Cavaleiro are among those pushing for a first start.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: It has been 37 years since Brighton last won three consecutive top-flight games, but they could achieve that this weekend.

Chris Hughton's side have held their nerve in tight back-to-back encounters against West Ham and Newcastle, and they will fancy their chances against a Wolves side looking to recover from their worst performance of the season in losing at home to Watford.

That may have been a bit of a wake-up call to a team which seemed to have adapted seamlessly to Premier League football. It may even prompt Nuno Espirito Santo to change his starting line-up for the first time this season.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton on Wolves: "I think they thoroughly deserve the points they have got. They've obviously had some big results, and I think they're a team that will do well this season.

"Their strength has been the core of the team that's stayed together and they have good offensive options."

Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo: "I expect a good reaction I think, as ever. Every time after a bad result and a bad performance, we have to bounce back first of all then worry about our tasks, the game plan.

"I think we have to perform better than we did last season. I think that's the right mentality to have.

"We have to improve, realising what we did wrong and work on the training pitch."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won all six previous top-flight meetings.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost one of the last eight encounters in all competitions, winning three and drawing four.
    [*=left]Wolves have only scored one goal in their last four games against Brighton.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton could win three consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since a run of four in May 1981.
    [*=left]They are also vying to equal the club top-flight record of three consecutive clean sheets.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won 36 of their 51 Premier League points at home (70.6%), the third-highest percentage in the competition's history.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton has only lost one of his eight previous meetings against Wolves as a manager, winning three and drawing four.
Wolves

• [*=left]Wolves suffered a first top-flight defeat in seven matches against Watford last weekend.
    [*=left]Despite that defeat, Wolves' 15 points from nine Premier League games this season is the most by a newly-promoted team since West Brom also secured 15 in 2010-11.
    [*=left]Wolves are the only team in Europe's top-five leagues who have yet to make a change to their starting XI in the league this season.
    [*=left]They have only scored one first-half goal this season.
    [*=left]Raul Jimenez, with two goals, is the only Wolves player to have scored more than once in the league this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
interesting that Wolves have only scored one first half goal this season

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Stat of the day- this fixture sets a Premier League record for the total number of letters in the names of both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Come on Brighton, 3 wins on the bounce, another clean sheet. Other results will go our way today

D

Deleted member 2719

6 pointer.

Come on Albion, let's maim those Wolves.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Feels like a huge game today. Really looking forward to it. I didn't realise Wolves had only scored 9 despite their start. Seem very difficult to break down though. Could be a tight but entertaining, end to end, affair

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A good test of where we are. Being at home against a side just above us and in the kind of position we are ambitiously trying to get to. Very much looking forward to it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Those facts indicate why I got the ridiculous odds of 55/1 for Wolves/Brighton, and 22/1 for Wolves/draw. Oh well.

Should be a cracking game - made all the tenser because I’m bringing a Wolves-supporting mate with me. I did the same last time we played them, and that worked out ok (3-0, I think?).

Come on, Albion.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Got a funny feeling in my pants that we will win today.

The stats are there to be broken. 3 wins on the spin.
4 top flight wins in a row to stay up at end of 80/81 if I remember right.

For a bonus point, without looking it up, who can be first to name the teams we beat and by what scores?

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking forward to this to the point I actually feel excited. A 3pm Saturday KO on a crisp, sunny day meaning it's the first outing for the season for my scarf too. Bring it on. :albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wolves favourites on the Betfair exchange.

Hopefully we will get off to a bright start and take the lead.

Will also be nice to see if Andone can get some minutes in the game too!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Win today and we can just sit back and enjoy a comfortable season. No need to worry about a relegation scrap. Wouldn't that be nice? A dull season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Win today and we can just sit back and enjoy a comfortable season. No need to worry about a relegation scrap. Wouldn't that be nice? A dull season.

Blimey, i won't be getting that carried away if we win today, but it should open up a lovely cushion and would give us great momentum and belief!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here