Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains from Eastbourne to Falmer tomorrow?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm taking the Father in Law tomorrow and he's texting me saying there's disruption on the trains, and we have to get off at Lewes to get a bus to the ground?

I can't find a single thing which says anything about it, and I've even done a 'mock booking' on the Southern website, which threw nothing up.

However, he's saying that the Southern Rail engineering website states what he's said, and I've just looked - and can't see it! :shrug:

He's adamant, though.

Should I .... punish: - or is he correct?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is Brighton mainline closure this weekend (Brighton - London) so maybe he is confused

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
There are buses between Lewes and Three Bridges and I guess then Brighton to Three Bridges - cannot see how that would impact to Falmer as the train is certainly running from Eastbourne to Lewes so it should be going to Falmer

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is the Brighton to London line up the spout next weekend too? Going to Everton on the 09:40 out of Euston so want to be at Victoria by about 9 ish

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm taking the Father in Law tomorrow and he's texting me saying there's disruption on the trains, and we have to get off at Lewes to get a bus to the ground?

I can't find a single thing which says anything about it, and I've even done a 'mock booking' on the Southern website, which threw nothing up.

However, he's saying that the Southern Rail engineering website states what he's said, and I've just looked - and can't see it! :shrug:

He's adamant, though.

Should I .... punish: - or is he correct?

Eastbourne to Falmer and return (via Lewes obviously) is OK - times are on the journey planner

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/EBN/FMR/tomorrow/1245/dep

Brighton mainline is out of action with replacement buses from Three Bridges to both Lewes and Brighton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every weekend at the moment isn't it ?!

https://brightonmainline.co.uk/

501117_NR_BrightonML_Website_Image_Calendar.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Thanks all. I'll let him know the good news. Time for a cheeky pint before the train with no panic then :drink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here