Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Glenn Murray play this Saturday?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Seems possible Murray will be cleared to play Vs wolves.
Regardless of him passing the concussion protocols I feel uneasy at the thought. If he was an impish midfielder I doubt I'd worry but as he's a gnarly centre forward banging his head into men and ball on attack and defence I'd be much happier if his brain got another week of recovery in.
Thoughts?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just a guess. I'm saying he'll start tomorrow

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It seems like something that medical pros would err on the side of caution over... so if he has been passed 'fit to play' then I'm sure it's not a borderline decision.

Though presumably, while still serving his 6 day "ban" following a concussion he hasn't being in full training and therefore may not be the best option for CH regardless of any potential risk of further damage.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon he'll be on the bench. I don't think it would be sensible for him to play 90 minutes.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So long as he feels up to it, then there should be no reason why he shouldn't play. But that's for Glenn and the medical team to decide.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If he's passed fit by the club medics, and Hughton thinks he's still our best option up front, despite presumably having had at least a couple of days of compromised training, then he should and will play.

Mind you, with Locadia as the obvious starting replacement, if he's passed fit by the medics and has had the entire week off training, I d still play him. Hush my mouth.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should the club listen to medical experts

Or

NSC.

Pretty simple answer really.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Most seen to think he's fine to play if the club's medical staff clear him. Now if Glenn was your son would they still be entirely accepting of the decision?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's not going to play at all , a white bib for Andone in training does however look very much like we shall see him at some point on saturday apart from in the shadows .

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Most seen to think he's fine to play if the club's medical staff clear him. Now if Glenn was your son would they still be entirely accepting of the decision?

Would I trust professional doctors with years of training?

Yes...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent, let's get loads of opinions from literally no-one who has seen or spoken to him since Saturday and almost certainly have no relevant medical qualifications. :whistle::whistle:

My GUESS is we're (and Wolves are) getting a bit of Hughton kidology and he won't be playing tomorrow.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The Albion medical staff are brilliant, so they will do what ever is best in the long run for Glenn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's for the pros to decide.

What I think doesn't matter, but what the medical team says, does. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

True, it is a matter for the medical team, CH, and Murray himself, not us (largely unqualified in such matters) NSCers, and whatever they decide will be, will be. Personally though - and it's just my gut feeling and in no way a qualified opinion - I'd rather give him another week.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Excellent, let's get loads of opinions from literally no-one who has seen or spoken to him since Saturday and almost certainly have no relevant medical qualifications. :whistle::whistle:

My GUESS is we're (and Wolves are) getting a bit of Hughton kidology and he won't be playing tomorrow.

My GUESS is that your GUESS is the correct GUESS

I think he MAY be on the bench with an 'emergency use only' label stuck on him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unlikely I’d have thought, we’re usually very careful about injuries. As others have said, Hughton will keep Wolves guessing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here