Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Using a season ticket for 1 match

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Using a friends season ticket for one game because they can't attend the match and I've never used a season ticket before, how do you enter the ground with it/scan it?? I obviously don't want to act like I've never used a season ticket before at the ground because trading season tickets isn't allowed so...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Using a friends season ticket for one game because they can't attend the match and I've never used a season ticket before, how do you enter the ground with it/scan it?? I obviously don't want to act like I've never used a season ticket before at the ground because trading season tickets isn't allowed so...

And don't forget to roll your left trouser leg up to the knee. A few people have made the mistake of doing the wrong leg.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Either side up is fine, there is a chip inside that is sensed rather than a barcode to be read.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There are huge amounts of people I see clutching a season ticket while going up and down trying to work out where the seat is. If it's your seat you'd know where it is!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Same as an oyster card or contactless debit card. Hold it under the scanner and the magic will happen... wait a second until the little light comes on and then go through.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

You have to scan it but also yell the entry password at the nearest steward. This password is texted out on the day of the game and is usually Albion related. You will need to get your mate to let you know the password on the day of the game, otherwise just ask someone else queuing up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You have to scan it but also yell the entry password at the nearest steward. This password is texted out on the day of the game and is usually Albion related. You will need to get your mate to let you know the password on the day of the game, otherwise just ask someone else queuing up.

If you don't get the text, the default word to yell is 'bomb'

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just wave it under the sensor and it'll let you through.

Same as an oyster card or contactless debit card. Hold it under the scanner and the magic will happen... wait a second until the little light comes on and then go through.

Admittedly I haven't been this season but you tap it on top, don't you? (Like an oyster card or debit card) What you describe is nothing like an oyster card or debit card and the scanner underneath is for barcodes on match-by-match tickets, is it not?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't worry it can be confusing for season ticket holders as well. For over three seasons we always used the entrance to the NS by the steps up to the west stand. Then we decided to use the entrance on the East side of the ground on day, I put my season tickets into the reader and couldn't get in. It took a steward to point out I was going into the wrong turnstile. In fact my daughter went through the turnstile I should have gone through so I had to move two turnstiles down to go though the one she opened but didn't use.

It is now clear the turnstiles on the east entrance to the NS are the opposite way round to the west side so you need to have your ST in your right hand in North west entrance and left hand in the North east entrance.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wouldn’t it have been easier to ask the person whose ticket it is rather than alert the club?
They’ll now spend the next 24 hours trying to work out who you are and whose ticket you’ve got so they can ban you both!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Don't do what I did, first time I borrowed a season ticket I was frantically waving it under the scanner wondering why it wasn't working, until the steward pointed out I was waving it under the scanner of the other turnstile. *facepalm*

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Admittedly I haven't been this season but you tap it on top, don't you? (Like an oyster card or debit card) What you describe is nothing like an oyster card or debit card and the scanner underneath is for barcodes on match-by-match tickets, is it not?

The season ticket goes under the scanner, the same as paper tickets... the bit above is to house the lights to tell the attending steward what type of ticket you are using...

...and to shine the black light on your hand as it holds the ticket and to show up the normally invisible secret tattoo all STH are required to have.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dont forget to nosh off the steward who pats you down or you wont get your season ticket reward points.

Also look at the arrows on the scanner it will tell you what gate to go through.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here