Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clocks going back

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
I would otherwise you are going to be late for everything.

Early, surely? (I'm 61 and still can't get my head around this)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Early, surely? (I'm 61 and still can't get my head around this)

I did have to think this through several times and now you have made me doubt myself again. If you did not put your clock back this weekend you would be late for work Monday morning wouldn't you? Or have I got this wrong.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Early isn't it ?...........Your watch will incorrectly say, for example, 10am, so when you arrive at 10am (your watch), it'll be 9am on everyone elses........so if you're all attending a 10am meeting, you'll be early

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the bi-annual clock changing thread :lolol: and another opportunity to point out the change is when we move forward to summer, to give us longer evening light. its now getting dark on way to work in the mornings, so we reset to GMT.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did have to think this through several times and now you have made me doubt myself again. If you did not put your clock back this weekend you would be late for work Monday morning wouldn't you? Or have I got this wrong.

You'd be early.........your 9am would be everyone else's 8am......

Forget to put it forward in March and you'll be late.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Early isn't it ?...........Your watch will incorrectly say, for example, 10am, so when you arrive at 10am (your watch), it'll be 9am on everyone elses........so if you're all attending a 10am meeting, you'll be early

You'd be early.........your 9am would be everyone else's 8am......

Forget to put it forward in March and you'll be late.

I wouldn't turn up for the meeting ..waste of time

You are right, you would be early. Though not going to the meeting at all seems to win the debate.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in Tenerife, people here saying it will be the last time they do it

The EU are looking to abolish daylight saving time, but of course with Brexit we wouldn't be subject to that and British MP's don't seem to be too fussed about changing things.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The EU are looking to abolish daylight saving time, but of course with Brexit we wouldn't be subject to that and British MP's don't seem to be too fussed about changing things.

i read about this, they seem to ignore the reasons for daylight saving in the first place, to reduce energy use, not for giggles. the savings from changing clocks is quite a few billion across Europe. US recently changed when they change thier clocks by a few weeks, for x billions of saving.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I read the article a long time a go. This one seemed to focus more on the health benefits of having longer, lighter evenings, more opportunities for exercise related activities. It made some sense. I think I'd rather have the lighter evenings, but that's just me. Be interesting if the EU did abolish it and we didn't. Give the whole Irish border question a whole new dimension.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Really dont understand why people are suggesting not using it?? Is it really that much hassle to change your clock? Your phones and computers take care of themselves... Means we have more daylight during the day and save energy so why on earth would people not want to do that, I've never heard anyone complain about it ever and most people on this thread seem to want to get rid? People in tenerife saying theyre not doing it anymore? Is this just a decision of a few people or has the whole island of tenerife stated this as those few people will not be on time for anything otherwise?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I thought you were joking!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Why dont we put the clock back one hour every morning and then at mid-day, put them forward one hour again, thus yeilding lighter morning and lighter evenings every day. It's a win-win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here