Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dion Dublin racially abused

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2909.PNG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-45988563

There are some loathsome people out there, it's never gone away. Thankfully, most peope are decent IMO.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Awful that this still happens though putting a positive spin on it, it is the first time in 15 years and also he notes it is a minority. Although we are far from being racist free as a nation it does seem that there has been huge strides made in the last 25 years or so.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Something about Derbyshire perhaps. Wasn't it there that CG got racially abused in the gound?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
No, she was/is a racist. This isn't a Brexit thread anyway, and most people have the sense to leave Brexit comments, snide or otherwise, to the Brexit thread.

Hey listen, you Leave crowd have screwed-up this country, the least you can do is accept that you will have the p1ss taken out of you for ever. And besides it's not my fault your bed-fellows are racists, nationalists and swivel-eyed loons...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hey listen, you Leave crowd have screwed-up this country, the least you can do is accept that you will have the p1ss taken out of you for ever. And besides it's not my fault your bed-fellows are racists, nationalists and swivel-eyed loons...

I do find it amusing that some people of both sides consider "leave" to be racist... either because that's what they want or because it's what they don't.

The EU is as close to an "all white boys club" as the modern world allows. Choosing to leave it and instead do business with the whole world on our own terms is, IMHO, the least racist thing we could have done. It is clearly going to be a bumpy ride but Britain's future "best friends" are most likely to be ex-Commonwealth countries in Africa and Asia. So anyone who voted to leave the EU in order to "keep out darkies" (as one utterly charming old boy I know puts it) is an idiot. We will replace a significant chunk of what is broadly white-only immigration with broadly non-white immigration! So "Leave" was a vote for a more ethnically diverse, multicultural Britain! IMHO.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dion Dublin could go a bit further than saying it isn't acceptable in 2018, it hasn't been for a long time. What's wrong with some people?!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think we can assume oneilco may have been making a subtle attempt at humour. I imagine he'll think twice next time

I do find it amusing that some people of both sides consider "leave" to be racist... either because that's what they want or because it's what they don't.

The EU is as close to an "all white boys club" as the modern world allows. Choosing to leave it and instead do business with the whole world on our own terms is, IMHO, the least racist thing we could have done. It is clearly going to be a bumpy ride but Britain's future "best friends" are most likely to be ex-Commonwealth countries in Africa and Asia. So anyone who voted to leave the EU in order to "keep out darkies" (as one utterly charming old boy I know puts it) is an idiot. We will replace a significant chunk of what is broadly white-only immigration with broadly non-white immigration! So "Leave" was a vote for a more ethnically diverse, multicultural Britain! IMHO.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
No, she was/is a racist. This isn't a Brexit thread anyway, and most people have the sense to leave Brexit comments, snide or otherwise, to the Brexit thread.

My unfortunate distraction during BREXIT has been educating a few fellow 'Remainers' that to vote leave is not a racist vote for the majority. One of whom was close to a thump (and I'm a pacifist) when they made a coarse assumption about a very close friend of mine on account their 'leave' vote.

There are swivel eyed loons on both sides.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

Assuming you are not being ironic- It's hard to tell with just script- making baseless accusation is no way to change people's views.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, we've certainly screwed up you. Not much to worry about there then. 'Bye.........

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There has been a spike in hate crime since Brexit. Dion says it is the first time in 15 years he has experienced racial abuse.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Did all the British racists vote to 'remain' ?
Its guilty by association, sorry, thats life.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
There has been a spike in REPORTED hate crime since Brexit.

Always dangerous to make assumptions regarding cause and effect from statistics. Brexit didn't increase the number of crimes by 'racist Leave supporters', it increased remainers' desires to report it 'to undermine a democratic process'.

See what I did there? I f**ked around with statistics to make a point that the actual statistics may or may not have justified. And everyone knows 82% of statistics are just made up on the spot anyway.

Oh, btw... not saying you are wrong, just that you are mis-using statistics just to fit your argument... thus undermining the argument you are trying to make.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet she was a "Leave" voter...

Who knows. That said, according to various reports, as well as my own anecdotal evidence, there does seem to have been an increase in racist incidents since the referendum though. Maybe racist types are feeling emboldened these days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here