Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could Jahanbakhsh play match in America with Trump president?

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With Trump as president could Jahanbakhsh play in a match in an American city. After all doesn't Trump say all Muslims are suspected terrorist. And a suspected terrorist must be dealt with suspicion.

Reminds me of the situation with Jews in Nazi Germany.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not likely to be an issue, unless our pre-season tours go up a level or two.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

American Express as sponsor and more and more exhibition matches taking place in US could very much be a possibility in the future. My cousin is now an Albion fan btw.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Godwin's Law in the OP, that's quick even by NSC standards

Have you experienced the life of a Muslim in America? Don't think you know what it's really like unless you can really experience it for yourself.

There might soon be Trump's law. No one can truly predict the future. What's going on with Trump and this new terrorism is being smoothed over by the Trump Administration.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

At the fans forum weren't we told we were offered a US tour but CH wanted to do the same as previous years, it wouldn't surprise me if we do something this summer (assuming we stay in the PL)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
With Trump as president could Jahanbakhsh play in a match in an American city. After all doesn't Trump say all Muslims are suspected terrorist. And a suspected terrorist must be dealt with suspicion.

Reminds me of the situation with Jews in Nazi Germany.

In time I believe you will be disappointed with the last part of your post.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...litics/reaction-suspicious-devices/index.html

How does Trump say one thing and then blame the terrorism on the "fake media." Talk about speaking out of two sides of your mouth.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California accused the President of being disingenuous in his remarks. In a statement, they said he has "previously condoned physical violence" from Rep. Greg Gianforte, a Montana Republican, who body slammed a reporter last year, neo-Nazis who rioted in Charlottesville, Virginia, resulting in a woman's death, and Trump supporters who have attacked protesters at his rallies.

Is it truly that far off of Nazi Germany? It may take twice as many steps but once the ball is rolling it can become very hard to stop.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Godwin's Law in the OP, that's quick even by NSC standards

To be fair, Godwin himself has said go for it with regards to many people running the show over there now.

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro
To be fair, Godwin himself has said go for it with regards to many people running the show over there now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."

In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging efforts to compare its alt-right organizers to Nazis.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think the OP was making the point about travel issues due to him being Iranian, rather than muslim, but I agree about the Nazi Germany reference

Could Jahanbakhsh play match in America with Trump president?
- Yes, yes he could. There's Muslims in the MLS already.

Is it truly that far off of Nazi Germany?
- Yes, yes it is.

What a f**king stupid couple of questions.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think the OP was making the point about travel issues due to him being Iranian, rather than muslim, but I agree about the Nazi Germany reference

Maybe. But with him not mentioning any of the following:

travel
Iran / Iranian

and definitely mentioning:

muslim

you can see where I might get the idea.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At the fans forum weren't we told we were offered a US tour but CH wanted to do the same as previous years, it wouldn't surprise me if we do something this summer (assuming we stay in the PL)

We will do something, and I fully expect it to be a training camp in Austria, with a couple of games there, then a few away friendlies here with the final friendly being at the Amex. Why change when this approach has been successful

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They'll just have to come north of the border instead :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you experienced the life of a Muslim in America? Don't think you know what it's really like unless you can really experience it for yourself.

There might soon be Trump's law. No one can truly predict the future. What's going on with Trump and this new terrorism is being smoothed over by the Trump Administration.

Isn't there an NCS rule (I think it may be called the Looney law) that one cannot be offended on behalf of others?

Or has that law now got a lifetime ban? :lolol:

Seriously, if people didn't stick up for 'other' people, we'd have Nazi Germany all over again.

And you can shove Godwin's law up your tiny pink arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here