Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Women allowed to join SAS

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
If a woman is strong enough, fast enough and hard enough to be in the SAS - then why not. She's have to be a hell of a woman to go hand to hand against a similarly trained male though, surely?

Let's see before we all start tutting. It could be just a PC box-tick and no women make the grade? ... a bit like Stan in Life of Brian, who hasn't got a womb, but wants the right to have a baby.. :lolol:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Good. If they can do it, why not?

We need a meritocracy in this country where you get to the top only if you are the best. Gender, race, religion, or daddies bank account should count for nothing. We will all prosper when we achieve this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Excellent.My only concern is that they might reduce the fitness and endurance standards to allow entry.If they can pass selection they will bring an even more competitive edge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If a woman is strong enough, fast enough and hard enough to be in the SAS - then why not. She's have to be a hell of a woman to go hand to hand against a similarly trained male though, surely?

yes thats fair enough. trouble comes when they scale back the training requirement because they are too hard for any women to pass, as i believe has already happened in some training.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Members of the SpecFor. are recruited from existing forces, so I guess would be GI Janes better get there arses down to the RN, RAF or Army Careers office and apply to join the Marines, Regiment or Para’s and prove themselves in these units before worrying about the SAS [emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There must be dozens of operational situations where it would be extremely useful to have a fully trained and capable female on a team, particularly for covert work. Good move.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond

You should check out the amazing life of Nancy Wake. She led 7000 French resistance fighters from hiding out in a french Forest operating for SOE. Known as the White Mouse the Germans sent 22000 troops to find her, but she escaped capture after killing an SS guard with a kung fu chop by her bare hands despite a bayonet wound. She lived to be 98, spending her last years to 2011 peaceably at the Royal Star and Garter Home in Richmond. Quite something!

Her story on Wikipedia and Futility Closet podcast here: https://www.futilitycloset.com/2018/06/18/podcast-episode-205-the-white-mouse/

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you imagine a woman, hard enough to pass the SAS course AND on blob.

Bloody hell.

Yes. Yes I can :shrug:

I hate to break this to you but women are also playing football, now. Brighton actually has a team.

Personally I get outraged by things like the little shit who keyed Mrs T's car. If I got upset every time part of society got given a little more freedom (whether they wish to exercise it notwithstanding) it would be time for me to relinquish my breathing privilages :shrug:

Why not focus on the things that give you pleasure and enjoy life a bit more???

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Couldn’t agree more, the sooner we get rid of gender apartheid in sport the better.

The new agents of change are those brave souls that have transitioned and are now being bullied within their respective sports.

Shameful stuff......the answer is if youre good enough your good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here