Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Football Manager 2019

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Couldn't see a thread on this- anyone playing the beta?

A fair few differences from last year's version

Am going to wait until around xmas for my bi-annual purchase. Can't wait to start my FC Kaiserslautern save.

What sort of save are you going for?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I started with the Albion but quit after three games as I'd got the tactics and training horribly wrong and was getting spanked 6-0. Am now sitting in 15th after 6 games playing a Klopp style gegenpress with Divock Origi leading the line

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I bought it in 2016 but just found it far too complex and time consuming so gave up and have never played it since.

I mean it`s great if you have the time to do it.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2012
Valencia
It annoys me that the game comes out in November when the season is already a few months in and the thing is normally unplayable until patches are released to fix bugs. By this point it's Christmas and I know it's petty but it does my tits in. Just bring it out in July!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Still enjoying 2016 version, where I alternate between a big European team that is expected to go deep in Europe and trying to get a semi pro team as far up the league pyramid as possible

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Used to be obsessed but last few years can only justify buying every other year due to limited playtime. Currently still enjoying my Brighton and Hastings saves on 2018.

3 years into both with brighton having come
8th and finalists of FA cup.
6th
5th and finalists of League Cup.
Uncle Tone very happy despite an empty trophy case.

Hastings, 3 Championships and 2 noddy cup wins in a row and coasting.

Not sure which I enjoy more but the Brighton one is certainly more stressful for a variety of reasons.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Used to be obsessed but last few years can only justify buying every other year due to limited playtime. Currently still enjoying my Brighton and Hastings saves on 2018.

3 years into both with brighton having come
8th and finalists of FA cup.
6th
5th and finalists of League Cup.
Uncle Tone very happy despite an empty trophy case.

Hastings, 3 Championships and 2 noddy cup wins in a row and coasting.

Not sure which I enjoy more but the Brighton one is certainly more stressful for a variety of reasons.

I've never actually gone that far down the pyramid- might try a Hastings Utd save. I take it you need a patch for non-league?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Finally got around to purchasing this last night.

For those who have been playing since release, what do you make of this year's version?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

For those who have been playing since release, what do you make of this year's version?

I bought it a couple of weeks ago when it was on deal. Really enjoyable so far in my FC. Kaiserslautern save but have blown my 9 point lead at the top of the table with ten games to go in my first season and my two best players are being unsettled by Club Brugge outside of the transfer window. On a nerdy level FM19 seems to be running far better on my laptop than 17 did.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm really enjoying it this year. The tactics, for me, seem to have been given a proper overhaul behind the scenes. Previously I'd thought all the various settings and sliders and tickboxes were a bit nebulous in terms of effect on the pitch but now, if I change something mid-match, I can see it happening in game. Definitely allows for a bit of on the fly tactical tweaking.

I did have a Brighton save but I was stampeding us towards the drop so I quit that and started a journeyman save instead. I'm at Guiseley in the National League North, currently sitting in 5th with most of the season gone. Quite like the lower leagues as, tactically speaking, you've got to keep it pretty simple which means you can learn what each thing does at a leisurely pace. F**k it up at one club and another will be along soon enough to practice on. Like a digital Alan Pardew.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I got it as a Xmas present, first version I have played in about 9 years!

I started as Torquay, a relatively 'decent' non-league south club that I hope to get back to the halcyon days of the football league.

It is just so detailed now it takes so much concentration, I like the options of palming stuff off to the backroom staff, but even then there is a lot to be done. I am quite enjoying it though.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Enjoying it but been really really slow at getting on with it. Only in March of the first season. Andone is top scorer though. Bought in Mendy and Kemar Roofe for Locadia, Schelotto, Bong and Muzza out. Losing Ryan for a month was horrendous, hopefully it doesn't end up being the same IRL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here