Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] They don’t pay any road tax and they get free beer!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope they have a decent craft brewery involved. Cycling AND craft beer #superior.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They don't even have to have brakes on their bicycles.
Although the sooner that one finds it's way under a car the happier I'll be.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
The way some cyclists wobble about on the road it looks like they’ve had too many beers.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The way some cyclists wobble about on the road it looks like they’ve had too many beers.

At least we won't get breathalyzed, lose our license, making us housebound for 3 years. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wait til Cannabis gets legalised! they will be pulling them out of ditches, trees, canals etc everywhere. They will treat the country like it is a massive Parkour game.....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
At least we won't get breathalyzed, lose our license, making us housebound for 3 years. :thumbsup:

True.
Why are so many cyclists colour blind? When the vast majority of motorists stop for a red light, it seems to make no difference to many cyclists, who sail merrily through, oblivious to danger and acting as if no rules of the road apply to them.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
True.
Why are so many cyclists colour blind? When the vast majority of motorists stop for a red light, it seems to make no difference to many cyclists, who sail merrily through, oblivious to danger and acting as if no rules of the road apply to them.

They aren't colour blind. They're c**ts.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True.

Because we don't have too, they only apply to licensed vehicles.

Alternatively your tiny minority of drivers that are 'colour blind' cause hundreds of needless DEATHS on the road EVERY YEAR. That's thousands upon thousands of husband, wives, parents, children that won't ever see a loved one again.
All because someone in a 2 tonne death machine decided they, their phone call, their sat nav, their text message, was more important than someone else's life.
So perhaps instead of whataboutary you turn your attention to that instead of some cyclists putting themselves in harms way, having already assessed the risks involved.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
They aren't colour blind. They're c**ts.

... and they get called exactly that by me who does cycle and does follow the rules of the road. Although recently this outburst has been reserved for motorists who merrily overtake me by the Lewes Road roadworks as they ignore huge signs not to overtake cyclists.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Because we don't have too, they only apply to licensed vehicles.

Alternatively your tiny minority of drivers that are 'colour blind' cause hundreds of needless DEATHS on the road EVERY YEAR. That's thousands upon thousands of husband, wives, parents, children that won't ever see a loved one again.
All because someone in a 2 tonne death machine decided they, their phone call, their sat nav, their text message, was more important than someone else's life.
So perhaps instead of whataboutary you turn your attention to that instead of some cyclists putting themselves in harms way, having already assessed the risks involved.
I take it you never notice the youths on bikes with headphones in and both hands on their iPhone shuffling their play list?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
... and they get called exactly that by me who does cycle and does follow the rules of the road. Although recently this outburst has been reserved for motorists who merrily overtake me by the Lewes Road roadworks as they ignore huge signs not to overtake cyclists.

It's the same as any group: there will always be people who give everyone else a bad reputation.

I don't even really think about cyclists until one of them almost mows me down and then all I can think about it how much I hate cyclists when I should be thinking "Well, that one was a c**t but the rest of them are fine"

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I take it you never notice the youths on bikes with headphones in and both hands on their iPhone shuffling their play list?

And another thing!
Where I live, I don't think many cyclists have actually discovered there are such things as lights for bicycles.???

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And another thing!
Where I live, I don't think many cyclists have actually discovered there are such things as lights for bicycles.???

Luxury!

Where I live not many cyclists have discovered that the ROADS are for cycling on...not the bloody pavements.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I wish my conscience allowed me to glibbly ignore the death of hundreds of innocent people every year.

Typical car driver. : thumbsup:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013

Being serious just for a second, and this is a genuine question but is there not such a thing as being drunk in charge of a bicycle which presumably has some sort of a reprimand?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I wish my conscience allowed me to glibbly ignore the death of hundreds of innocent people every year.

Typical car driver. : thumbsup:
I bet your fun at parties.

Cheer up you miserable git!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here