Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Inspired by Easy10's 'corkscrew' thread (where he couldn't remember what him and his wife had rowed about), what is the most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

For me I think it's the time we had an absolutely BLAZING row about what shade of red the San Francisco 49ers jerseys were when they won the Superbowl in 1985. Can't remember who was arguing for what now, but boy there was a fallout. I slept on the couch for about three nights.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For saying my now-Ex had sunglasses that looked like something Will I Am would wear... resulted in an aborted day out and not speaking to each other for 2 days

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I once had an argument over whether I fancied my girlfriend’s friend more than her.

Sounds pretty normal apart from the fact that I’d not met or even seen her friend at that point.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just this morning we had a tetchy moment about whether there was a need to buy a new SAUCEPAN*

*John Lewis Vouchers burning a hole in someones pocket... :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I once received the cold shoulder for TWO DAYS, over something 'I' did in a DREAM that she'd had.

I shit you not.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I also CAUSED a pointless argument between my friend and his girlfriend by getting him to agree with me that Carrie Fisher looked most attractive during the Cloud City scenes in The Empire Strikes Back. I have no idea why that pissed her off so much, but I was never invited around again.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My wife swore that I'd thrown out a magazine that she's been sent in the post (and one that she didn't actually want). I hadn't. And I'll swear on my life to that. It was absolutely ridic, she really was not having it that MAYBE I was telling the truth. The magazine was never found. My name was never cleared. It's a theme though - something (of hers) goes missing. House is turned upside down. I'm blamed.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I also CAUSED a pointless argument between my friend and his girlfriend by getting him to agree with me that Carrie Fisher looked most attractive during the Cloud City scenes in The Empire Strikes Back. I have no idea why that pissed her off so much, but I was never invited around again.

Going a bit off tangent, but I once met a couple of girls in a pub, we were chatting, getting on. One of them said she had to get back, boyfriend waiting. I convinced her to have another drink. Literally nothing else happened other than that one extra drink. Bumped into her months later again, turned out her boyfriend dumped her over that night.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whether I had snapped the handle on a tray. I was accused of it in front of her Dad and I knew I hadn't done it. I should have just copped to it but I stood my ground and ended up lookinjg like a right nutter.
A handbag sized little tin of lip balm turned up in the bathroom. I had absolutely no idea at all (probably one of her mates had left it when they were round having a shit or someting) where it came from. I was outright accused of having an affair and treated accordingly for some time.
As usual with things I'm accused of, the truth gets discovered , that it was nowt to do with me, and gets glossed over without apology.

I once had an ex throw a tupperware pot of cheese at my head. I forget what for.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I once received the cold shoulder for TWO DAYS, over something 'I' did in a DREAM that she'd had.

I shit you not.

You're not alone, I too was sent to Coventry for chatting up a friend she knew at Uni ten years before who I'd never met but got on well with in a dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here