Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fans who know nothing making Youtube Videos

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've become weirdly addicted to watching opposition fan pundit videos on Youtube. I find a fascination in the motivation of people who have no knowledge of anything outside of their own team spouting about football and posting their ignorance for the world to see. I can only presume that when they watch themselves struggling to name one of our players before predicting an easy win, or wondering how they lost to a team like us, they see some Premier League equivalent of the Algonquin Round Table. "Don't edit it, post it up!" they say. "Brian Glanville will be ringing us to ask for tips."

I must admit to a hint of schadenfreude: They are more fun to watch when we have turned someone over. Therefore, I've seen a few Newcastle ones this week. I thought that this one was worth posting to a wider audience. I feel for these lads. They aren't taking themselves too seriously and cold drinks had obviously been taken. When one of them said around the two minute mark that we formed from two teams after Hove went bust, I thought that they must be doing some kind of dry in-joke, but then, when they start talking about the opposition just before 13 minutes, the next five minutes is a delicious illustration of the total ignorance, yet complete lack of awareness of the average man talking football. It's all of us in the pub, knowing absolutely nothing and hoping that our mates won't catch us out because they know less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySlS7Lp6dpA

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've become weirdly addicted to watching opposition fan pundit videos on Youtube. I find a fascination in the motivation of people who have no knowledge of anything outside of their own team spouting about football and posting their ignorance for the world to see. I can only presume that when they watch themselves struggling to name one of our players before predicting an easy win, or wondering how they lost to a team like us, they see some Premier League equivalent of the Algonquin Round Table. "Don't edit it, post it up!" they say. "Brian Glanville will be ringing us to ask for tips."

I must admit to a hint of schadenfreude: They are more fun to watch when we have turned someone over. Therefore, I've seen a few Newcastle ones this week. I thought that this one was worth posting to a wider audience. I feel for these lads. They aren't taking themselves too seriously and cold drinks had obviously been taken. When one of them said around the two minute mark that we formed from two teams after Hove went bust, I thought that they must be doing some kind of dry in-joke, but then, when they start talking about the opposition just before 13 minutes, the next five minutes is a delicious illustration of the total ignorance, yet complete lack of awareness of the average man talking football. It's all of us in the pub, knowing absolutely nothing and hoping that our mates won't catch us out because they know less.

You have unwittingly hit on a key reason why I rarely talk about football down the pub. My drinking in pubs falls neatly into two categories: a) with those who know nothing, and care less, about football. Talking about it would be considered the height of rudeness. b) with some Albion friends before games. Here, without exception, they all know more than me about football (not necessarily about the Albion, though generally speaking there too, not least because my memory has gone to shit). This makes the chances of being caught out BSing closing in on 100%.

Thus - I never talk about football down the pub. Though I do nod knowingly from time to time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s just an extension of look at me, phone-in culture. Some callers to these shows have nothing to say but ‘er, obviously and like’, all said with a ‘well-bad’ accent. But then who calls Robbie Savage and Jason Mahammod for an intelligent chit chat? Next...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That was a hard watch man you need subtitles to catch anything from that lot

Yes, it's frightfully difficult to understand anything north of Watford, isn't it!

Born and bred a southerner myself, but I can't for the life of me understand how people have so much problem understanding various dialects of the English language. Yes, they were talking quite a bit of bollox, but still in the English language. Is it some kind of misplaced southerner pride to claim not to understand people from the north? Baffling.....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, it's frightfully difficult to understand anything north of Watford, isn't it!

Born and bred a southerner myself, but I can't for the life of me understand how people have so much problem understanding various dialects of the English language. Yes, they were talking quite a bit of bollox, but still in the English language. Is it some kind of misplaced southerner pride to claim not to understand people from the north? Baffling.....

It’s just regional banter, they love teasing us as soft southerners; we them as northern monkeys. Which in fairness they are and that’s all I’m going to say on the matter because it’s time for my cucumber and eucalyptus nightmask.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Go to Aberdeen and hear the locals speak. Let's see how you cope with that

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

I’ve lived all over England and currently live north of the border and have no bother understanding most folk but those geordies were very tough no doubt a combo of beer and shitty sound

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve lived all over England and currently live north of the border and have no bother understanding most folk but those geordies were very tough no doubt a combo of beer and shitty sound
They do speak very fast I admit, so you do miss the odd word, but the overall message is perfectly clear.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
They seem to hold Chris Hughton in genuine high esteem. Other than that that was 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. I didn't make it to the end, it was too tedious. At least they weren't arrogant twats but it might have been more entertaining if they had been from a purely schadenfreude point of view.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

I must admit to a hint of schadenfreude: They are more fun to watch when we have turned someone over. Therefore, I've seen a few Newcastle ones this week. I thought that this one was worth posting to a wider audience. I feel for these lads..

Sooo....Tim Kruul? Knockhaert won player of the year because his dad died? And the bloke in the middle’s arse tastes of garlic. There’s half an hour I won’t get back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not a patch on the utter UTTER ****, who films himself at Palace games, giving a commentary of the latest shambles on the pitch (in which they are ALWAYS the better side, and any mishap is always terribly UNFAIR). All the while, his fellow Palace fans can be seen behind him giving him the finger / t0sser signs (in HIS videos, that he proceeds to proudly upload to youtube)

What a complete HELMET.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not a patch on the utter UTTER ****, who films himself at Palace games, giving a commentary of the latest shambles on the pitch (in which they are ALWAYS the better side, and any mishap is always terribly UNFAIR). All the while, his fellow Palace fans can be seen behind him giving him the finger / t0sser signs (in HIS videos, that he proceeds to proudly upload to youtube)

What a complete HELMET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARz-Gs971JY

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What a complete HELMET.

You mean like this Palace fan:

[Tweet]1054351330993733634[/Tweet]

https://twitter.com/grandoldteam/status/1054351330993733634

That's him.

He's brilliant*

*sort of.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's him.

He's brilliant*

*sort of.

The replies to that tweet, which was done by an Everton fan, are hilarious. Basically the rest of the country coming together to slag him and Palace fans in general off. As a Brighton fan it was a very enjoyable 20 minutes spent reading the responses.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I don't think we have any of those kind of things, or am I just unaware of it? I know we have some bloke who does some sort of fan thing but that's different I think..?

el punal

You have unwittingly hit on a key reason why I rarely talk about football down the pub. My drinking in pubs falls neatly into two categories: a) with those who know nothing, and care less, about football. Talking about it would be considered the height of rudeness. b) with some Albion friends before games. Here, without exception, they all know more than me about football (not necessarily about the Albion, though generally speaking there too, not least because my memory has gone to shit). This makes the chances of being caught out BSing closing in on 100%.

Thus - I never talk about football down the pub. Though I do nod knowingly from time to time.

I nod knowingly from time time - generally when I’m asked whether I would like another drink. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here