Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ryan Air Racist

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Guess they couldn't chuck him off without delaying everyone while they find and unload his baggage from the hold?

Jul 7, 2003
So poorly handled by the air crew. Respect to the bloke behind for trying to step in but the old bloke should have been kicked off the flight. I'd like to think that if I had seen that, I would have stepped in and tried to remove the old racist myself. However, I reckon if anyone had tried that, they would probably have ended up being kicked off the flight themselves.

Also looks like Ryanair are trying to get the footage taken offline so the more it is shared the better.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Guess they couldn't chuck him off without delaying everyone while they find and unload his baggage from the hold?

Focus on avoiding delays as opposed to more enlightened airlines who would have called the Police or had Police waiting if incident in air.

Ryanair have also now effectively stonewalled any debate by saying as now a police matter. Thereby leaving unanswered questions as to why their staff handled the incident so poorly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Focus on avoiding delays as opposed to more enlightened airlines who would have called the Police or had Police waiting if incident in air.

Ryanair have also now effectively stonewalled any debate by saying as now a police matter. Thereby leaving unanswered questions as to why their staff handled the incident so poorly.

Hopefully it won’t do them much good, there are calls to boycott the airline now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely shocking........cheap flights on the way though

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Yeah, and sod the staff that haven't been allowed union representation until very recently. That's all ok.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If I could afford a better airline I would....but minimum wage and all that.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

If I could afford any airline...who knows :shrug:

I'm waiting for the voucher scheme to come along so I can sell mine :wink:

Fungus

May 21, 2004
Truro

Yes, very poor show. Should have had the police waiting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He could be a racist or suffering from some form of mental illness/impairment.

Ah; the old... I'm not a racist but, I do suffer from a mental illness and impairment defence... Never fails.

He's, judging by that footage:both a racist and mental.

Awful, humiliating and just plain sad.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
He could be a racist or suffering from some form of mental illness/impairment.

No, he’s definitely a racist. He may or may not have a mental illness/impairment which is contributing to his lack of inhibition in expressing his racism, but that’s irrelevant to the immediate situation - the black woman (and the other passengers) should not have been subjected to his racism and he should have been removed from the flight. His mental state might then have been taken into account in deciding whether and to what extent he was subject to criminal sanction, but that wasn’t for Ryanair to decide - they had a duty of care to the other passengers and they clearly didn’t discharge that duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Once this does the rounds on social and mainstream media, this vile creature will have his own comeuppance :tosser:

It has already done the rounds, with many people saying they will boycott Ryanair for placating the bigot, and asking him if he was ok!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here