Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone - a plea for him to start vs Wolves

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The fella desperately needs game time to get accustomed to the PL and i’m sure he’s chomping at the bit. So with Muzza out next week surely now’s the chance for us to see him ! We could really do with his mobility up front because i’m slowly losing faith in Locadia - mainly because of his lack of movement and work rate.

Come on Chris - give him a game !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You just know that this won't happen, don't know what he is saving him for, but sure we will find out sometime.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if - because the scouting teams have so much say nowadays in who we sign - that Andone was not a Hughton pick, so to speak. If it has all been about fitness then I could understand his absence though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
CH will not start a player who hasn't played any minutes in the Premier League. Look how long it took for Izqiuerdo to get a start.

See THPP above.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Far more likely IMHO that Locadia will move into the Murray slot and Andone will get the Locadia ten-minutes-at-the-end slot.

Exactly....if Andone was proven ahead of Locadia at PL level there maybe a case....but he isn't and CH is an expert in man management ...what message does it send Locadia if Andone starts ahead of him.....an interesting aside is if Murray is out..maybe there will be a place for Connelly on the bench against Wolves..more likely an attacking player at home than a defensive one

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Exactly....if Andone was proven ahead of Locadia at PL level there maybe a case....but he isn't and CH is an expert in man management ...what message does it send Locadia if Andone starts ahead of him.....an interesting aside is if Murray is out..maybe there will be a place for Connelly on the bench against Wolves..more likely an attacking player at home than a defensive one

Groß will take Locadia’s place on the bench

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who had said Murray is out? :shrug: He isn’t (definitely).

As for Andone - it will be up to Chris from what he’s seen in training and surely not something for nsc to decide - we’ve barely seen him!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Groß will take Locadia’s place on the bench

I would like to think if Groß is fit then he would start instead of Solly playing that role. Then the decision would be who plays out of Jose, Ali, Knocky and Solly on the wings. I wouldnt mind seeing Connelly or Gyokeres on the bench for that game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
CH will not start a player who hasn't played any minutes in the Premier League. Look how long it took for Izqiuerdo to get a start.

See THPP above.

Izquierdo was signed last year in time to appear on the bench v Watford last season (game 3).
He started for the first time 3 games later v Arsenal (game 7).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I would like to think if Groß is fit then he would start instead of Solly playing that role. Then the decision would be who plays out of Jose, Ali, Knocky and Solly on the wings. I wouldnt mind seeing Connelly or Gyokeres on the bench for that game.

Gyokeres was on the bench... for the u23s on Friday.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Given Hughton has so far this season dropped Bruno (for ...Montoya), Gross (Bissouma) , Knockaert (Izquierdo) and Murray (Locadia) for tactical reasons rather than injuries, and AliJ is now a starter, the idea that Andone , who has been on the bench for 3 out of the last 4 games, won't ever get a chance is probably wide of the mark.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder if - because the scouting teams have so much say nowadays in who we sign - that Andone was not a Hughton pick, so to speak. If it has all been about fitness then I could understand his absence though.

He's been on the bench for the last few games. And before that he was injured. And in the last few games then Hughton's subs have been dictated a lot by injuries restricting his chance.
As for suggesting Hughton didn't want to sign him. :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Part of me would love to see Bissouma up front and running at defenders all match. I know that isn't going to happen.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More chance of Percy Tau playing. Come to think of it, more chance Percy Thrower will

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here