Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reece James - Right Back Target

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
The Sun reporting we're after £10m rated Reece James - Chelsea right back (on loan at Wigan) as a "long term replacement for Bruno" (it speculates). Presumably plan , if true, is actually for him to replace Scheletto in squad in January.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7544760/chelsea-transfer-news-reece-james-brighton-wigan/

We're also still after Nick Powell it says and that Dan Ashworth has been to see him (although thats a bit odd as he doesn't start at the Albion until the spring). Not sure where he fits in the current squad mind, if at all , despite being long term target.

Wigan having a decent season in Champ, 8th after 13 games with Christian Walton an ever present.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whether or not that rumour is substantiated and comes to anything remains to be seen but it would seem that the club are not 100% about Bruno's long term replacement. I thought that Montoya was the answer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Whether or not that rumour is substantiated and comes to anything remains to be seen but it would seem that the club are not 100% about Bruno's long term replacement. I thought that Montoya was the answer.

Montoya may well be the answer but this other lad is 18, won’t need to be named in the 25 for a couple of seasons yet and is home grown. It could well be we see him as the eventual replacement for Montoya. With Schelotto seeming well out of favour and Bruno not being able to go forever then I’d fully expect the club to be considering adding another right back in the squad sooner rather than later.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
We don't need a "long term replacement" for Bruno. We can get another 6 years out if him. He won't retire yet. I won't let him.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I like Powell ... don't understand why he's still at Wigan. Could be worth a roll of the dice

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We're also still after Nick Powell it says and that Dan Ashworth has been to see him (although thats a bit odd as he doesn't start at the Albion until the spring). Not sure where he fits in the current squad mind, if at all , despite being long term target?

Secondary Striker (his natural position)
as back back up to Groß allowing Bissouma & Kayal to concentrate on playing central midfield & March & Ali J to to focus on wing play. His skill level and goals to game ratio in that position is impressive - much like Dack.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rs-Pochettino-Blackburn-Star-Bradley-Dack/amp

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I like Powell ... don't understand why he's still at Wigan. Could be worth a roll of the dice

I think Powell's stock value would have increased and there would be a few clubs after him. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if he joined us tho! A very good championship player that should be able to make the transition to the premier league with relative ease!

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Powell may well join us next summer rather than Jan as his contract runs out end of season. I would expect the Albion to have at least a pre-sign deal on offer if not a full blown fee in Jan depending on how they see our injury situation etc.

As for Reece James I would also expect that to be end of season offer rather than Jan as he is on loan & to be honest I would be surprised if Chelsea sell him at 18y/o , they usually hold on to them for a few more years before selling at a profit.

A number 10 as back-up must be one of our priorities for Jan as Gross injury has shown we lack someone creative in that area , though long term the FB's need looking at on both sides for future proofing and current selection.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How much would Shelvey cost?
When his attitude is right he is a top midfielder and would be a good addition.
Surely CH would get the best out of him?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
He was head and shoulders over everybody yesterday in the game
Drops deep, can see a pass and has a great free kick technique
Just his attitude is his one big weakness sadly

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Newcastle would fall apart completely without him. They already screwed up letting go of Gayle, no way Shelvey is going anywhere. Can't say I like the bloke but would be a good addition to most Prem teams

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Montoya may well be the answer but this other lad is 18, won’t need to be named in the 25 for a couple of seasons yet and is home grown. It could well be we see him as the eventual replacement for Montoya. With Schelotto seeming well out of favour and Bruno not being able to go forever then I’d fully expect the club to be considering adding another right back in the squad sooner rather than later.

Yep, my thinking is much the same.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is one I would be interested in but his price would be very high and doubt if Newcastle would sell to us in January. Possibly in the summer if they are relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here