Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] netflix heads up

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This is for anyone else, who like me, didn't know what Dark Tourism is - or it just me.

Most tourists like to visit popular sites and attractions, like beaches, stadiums and museums, while on vacation. There is a subset of tourism, however, that involves visiting places that are historically associated with death and tragedy. Journalist David Farrier focuses on that area of travel, known as dark tourism, in this docuseries. In each episode, Farrier travels to a different locale to visit destinations and have experiences that wouldn't be on most vacationers' bucket lists. He embeds himself in a death-worshipping cult in Mexico, sees tourists soaking up radiation left behind in Fukushima, meets vampires in New Orleans, and travels to the most-nuked place on Earth for atomic swimming and fishing.

Unsure if I am going to put such a trip on my bucket list.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The whole thing is a rip-off of a Dom Joly book from 2011

not sure how a series of travel "doco's" can be a rip off of a book seeing as the guy has actually travelled to these places and filmed the series , i agree he's a bit of an upstart Lois Theroux but i thought the shows were mildly interesting , particularly the segment on the voodoo islands in Benin.....anyway , carry on ...:thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is for anyone else, who like me, didn't know what Dark Tourism is - or it just me.

Most tourists like to visit popular sites and attractions, like beaches, stadiums and museums, while on vacation. There is a subset of tourism, however, that involves visiting places that are historically associated with death and tragedy. Journalist David Farrier focuses on that area of travel, known as dark tourism, in this docuseries. In each episode, Farrier travels to a different locale to visit destinations and have experiences that wouldn't be on most vacationers' bucket lists. He embeds himself in a death-worshipping cult in Mexico, sees tourists soaking up radiation left behind in Fukushima, meets vampires in New Orleans, and travels to the most-nuked place on Earth for atomic swimming and fishing.

Unsure if I am going to put such a trip on my bucket list.

think it sprung from Alcatraz & Robben Island tours and grew from there.......not sure i would put myself in a radioactive environ just for thrills either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here