Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we safe already

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No.

I think we will be absolutely fine, but declaring us to be safe after 9 games would be insanity.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure how being 6 points clear after 9 games constitutes safety.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. I've just checked the history and no team has ever stayed up with eleven points.
Indeed, but I genuinely wonder how many teams have been relegated from the top division after 11 points from their first 9 games? Can't be many. I remember Millwall going down after a great start but that was so long ago it was pre-Prem I think...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed, but I genuinely wonder how many teams have been relegated from the top division after 11 points from their first 9 games? Can't be many. I remember Millwall going down after a great start but that was so long ago it was pre-Prem I think...

Seem to remember Swansea(80s?) Chelsea and west ham all managed to go down after sniffing about the top of the table near christmas.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Carlisle won their first three games in the top flight, but were relegated by a country mile in the end.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We probably deserved to lose today and at Southampton. Got a silly penalty to get a draw at home to Fulham. Rode are luck a little bit against West Ham.

All in all, with these things considered, there is no way we are going down.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, in fact I think promotion may be on the cards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We don't have any of the shit normally associated with teams facing the drop. We have stability, we carry a goal threat, we have good squad depth, we don't concede that many, we're tough to beat at home and we've won away today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here