Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ultra MMA

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Anyone going to the Ultra MMA event at the Grand hotel tonight?
Does anyone have a couple of spare tickets?

Very soon they'll tickets spare for most MMA events because at the forefront of the sport Dana White is very quickly murdering it due to the chasing of the dollar and the over investment in Connor McGregor. The Fertitta brothers knew when to sell and the chance to really rival boxing has been lost forever.

Not the answer you were expecting but had to get it off my chest!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Dont agree at all Micky - if the UFC is MMA to you then there are so many other places to watch good fights. Rizin in Japan, Pancrase had its 300th event there this morning (not seen it yet as working) One FC in Malaysia which has just had a huge funding round, Bellator (which I still dont think it knows what it is) and smaller local events like Cage Warriors, KSW, Deep and Road FC.

I would say outside of the UFC its very healthy

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dont agree at all Micky - if the UFC is MMA to you then there are so many other places to watch good fights. Rizin in Japan, Pancrase had its 300th event there this morning (not seen it yet as working) One FC in Malaysia which has just had a huge funding round, Bellator (which I still dont think it knows what it is) and smaller local events like Cage Warriors, KSW, Deep and Road FC.

I would say outside of the UFC its very healthy

But will they grow the sport particularly to the unconverted? Whether you like it or not the UFC is the best known and most publicised to the general sporting masses. Just maybe Bellator could get it's act together as the fight rosta is not bad but it will take money. Such a shame since the struggle to shift the " barbaric no rules cage fighting " image. McGregor in the long term has done nothing for the sport but lined his pockets. Similarly Rousey was a terribly one dimensional fighter who got found out but took the loot and then used it springboard into the pantomime that is WWE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here