Members

Match could be replayed after ref error

1 Not allowed!
    Bath are requesting that their match with Toulouse be replayed, mainly because the ref didn't send off two Toulouse players (who have subsequently been banned after their offences were seen by a disciplinary panel). I'm sure Bath were hard done by but these are murky waters. I sincerely hope that the appeal is turned down because it will set an awful precedent, will we ever be sure that a match is over?

And, if it starts to happen in rugby, sooner or later, a football team will want to have a game replayed too. Refs make mistakes, in football and in rugby. Hell, we all make mistakes, aliquando bonus dormitat Homerus .

I'm pretty sure that Bath's request won't succeed but what an uncertain future if it does.
    Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Sport as we know it will eventually choke itself
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sport as we know it will eventually choke itself
      Maybe the mega-rich sultans of soccer should lend their VAR equipment to those poor struggling rugger buggers when not needed for football?

Or maybe everyone should just get on with it. Referees decisions, good or bad.

0 Not allowed!
      What division are Bath in? Never even heard of a team called Toulouse.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      What division are Bath in? Never even heard of a team called Toulouse.
      Currently 5th in National League South
      Toulouse currently 8th in French Ligue 1
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      Bath are requesting that their match with Toulouse be replayed, mainly because the ref didn't send off two Toulouse players (who have subsequently been banned after their offences were seen by a disciplinary panel). I'm sure Bath were hard done by but these are murky waters. I sincerely hope that the appeal is turned down because it will set an awful precedent, will we ever be sure that a match is over?

And, if it starts to happen in rugby, sooner or later, a football team will want to have a game replayed too. Refs make mistakes, in football and in rugby. Hell, we all make mistakes, aliquando bonus dormitat Homerus .

I'm pretty sure that Bath's request won't succeed but what an uncertain future if it does.
      Bath have no one to blame but themselves. They could have, and should have, won the game anyway - Freddy Burns' howler put paid to that. That'll teach him to celebrate before putting the ball down - or not, as was the case.

1 Not allowed!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F30D3859-AFD1-4610-81F1-013A90C3F940.jpeg 
Views:	478 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	101432
      Fup off you fuppin' baxter!
      Members

0 Not allowed!

I remember as a 9 year old in 86 playing football.in the park and one of the cool kids came running on with his mitre delta cosmic declaring that the ref for England Argentina had been sacked and we were replaying Argentina but Maradonna was banned

What a ****.
      Last edited by maffew; 20-10-2018 at 07:24.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Maybe the mega-rich sultans of soccer should lend their VAR equipment to those poor struggling rugger buggers when not needed for football?

Or maybe everyone should just get on with it. Referees decisions, good or bad.
      Video replays have been in rugby for years - football has just caught up.

And that's what concerns me: if it does become prevalent in rugby, I'm sure football will follow. I totally agree that ref''s decision should be final but officials, in all sports, are under fire - it's a worrying trend.

But, yes, Bath should have won anyway if Freddie Burns hadn't been such a prat.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Video replays have been in rugby for years - football has just caught up.

And that's what concerns me: if it does become prevalent in rugby, I'm sure football will follow. I totally agree that ref''s decision should be final but officials, in all sports, are under fire - it's a worrying trend.

But, yes, Bath should have won anyway if Freddie Burns hadn't been such a prat.
      Fairy nuff. My ignorance indicates my complete lack of interest in rugby!