Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Elite: Dangerous

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any other NSC'ers out there playing this?

If so, what are you flying and what's your preferred way to play?

MonkeyGland

Jul 3, 2008
Excellent game that takes up far too much of my life.

Now free via Epic Games for one week. Be warned steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it very addictive.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Excellent game that takes up far too much of my life.

Now free via Epic Games for one week. Be warned steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it very addictive.
Good to see another NSC player!

What ship do you fly?

o7

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Is this a bit like eve online from a few years back?

MonkeyGland

Jul 3, 2008
Good to see another NSC player!

What ship do you fly?

o7

Bit embarrased to say as it will tell you how much time I spend playing this game! But I have a fleet carrier with a fleet of 36 ships which are mostly engineered. My absolute favourite ship to fly (from a fun perspective) is the sidewinder which I fly shieldless with Enhanced Performance drives. I flew that in Open in the recent Community Goal where it was a war between the Federation and the Imps and it was hilarious (I died a lot of times obviously).

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What about you? Getting this second account so I can have one purely for exploration.
My main two are a Cutter and a Krait MkII.

The MkII is my everyday multi-purpose ship, the Cutter (with gold paintjob, naturally) is mainly used for bulk trading. I have a Clipper set up for mining as well, if the mood takes me.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I have it. Not played anywhere near as much as I'd like. I need to get it set up on my new laptop, as last time I was playing it was on a machine that was barely capable of running it. New one should handle it fine.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thinking about jumping in...

I have a PS4 and a games-specced laptop (15" screen) - better on which pls?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
loved it on the spectrum many years ago so thought id jump in on ps4 and just found the learning curve a bit too steep and/or i didnt have the time so gave up after5 hours or so

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Love the way it took 2 years to respond to OP. Obviously everyone was too busy mining.

I have it on Xbox but couldn’t get into it.

Loved the original on my Atari in the 80s.

Maybe I’ll give it another go!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is the classic BBC Micro game updated for the modern age ?

(it was sold for other machines, but the original was written by Acorn for the BBC Micro)

qOrO0fl-6c9iVxQ7RaxJvpP64kueUc2OX0jeCUAmUS4O67v4sHF91--Lab2LQglztw8hTl1EefqRwEFusjf-dowSCXbUXvQmS7Dr28QofXk9gqRiuw

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I played quite a lot back when Horizons came out - got quite a bit of cash and a good ship but then got bored. New update is supposed to be out early 2021 that introduces Space Legs and atmospheric planets so I'll be hopping back in once that's out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
played pre-Horizons, got an Asp, discovered a few remote star systems (squeaky bum returning from stupid light years). bit of an ask for my PC though haven't played in years. wow, just realised how long ago that was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here