Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Biting The Hand That Feeds - Julian Assange

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...ues-ecuador-for-violating-his-rights-11529587

Julian Assange is launching legal action against Ecuador, accusing its government of violating his "fundamental rights and freedoms".

It comes after Ecuador cut off communications for Mr Assange, who has been living inside the country's London embassy for more than six years.

Baltasar Garzon, the lawyer for Wikileaks, has arrived in Ecuador to launch the case, which is expected to be heard next week in a domestic court.

Wikileaks claim Mr Assange's access to the outside world has been "summarily cut off" and say Ecuador has threatened to remove the protection he has had since being given political asylum.

They said Ecuador's government has refused to allow a visit by Human Rights Watch general counsel Dinah PoKempner and prevented several meetins with Mr Assange's lawyers.

el punal

“Julian, any chance that you can take the ambassador’s dog out for a walk? You can’t? I thought that you might like a bit of fresh air, blow the cobwebs away and all that, I mean Hyde Park is only a couple of minutes up the road . . . what, you think you’ll be arrested if you do? Oh well, shit happens!”

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
funny, reading this week that they wrote him a memo to improve his hygiene and look after his cat properly. be out soon i reckon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Narcissistic twerp.

el punal

“ Hey Jools, I know life’s a bit shit for you at the moment what with you being banged up for six years in the Ecuadorean embassy. But life’s not all that bad, really. Look you’ve got Harrods just across the road, why not ask one of the ambassador’s flunkies to nip over there and get you one of their premium hampers. Hell, go for the Harrods Regent, it’s rammed with all sorts of goodies and only costs £600, charge it to the ambassador’s personal account like you’ve done in the past. What? You mean the ambassador’s cottoned on, not happy? And . . . and he’s told you to f*** off cos you’re a sponging, freeloading b*stard. Blimey mate, that doesn’t sound too good. When do you reckon they’ll chuck you out, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
“ Hey Jools, I know life’s a bit shit for you at the moment what with you being banged up for six years in the Ecuadorean embassy. But life’s not all that bad, really. Look you’ve got Harrods just across the road, why not ask one of the ambassador’s flunkies to nip over there and get you one of their premium hampers. Hell, go for the Harrods Regent, it’s rammed with all sorts of goodies and only costs £600, charge it to the ambassador’s personal account like you’ve done in the past. What? You mean the ambassador’s cottoned on, not happy? And . . . and he’s told you to f*** off cos you’re a sponging, freeloading b*stard. Blimey mate, that doesn’t sound too good. When do you reckon they’ll chuck you out, if you don’t mind me asking?”

By the way, Jules, Sweden’s nice this time of year......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here