Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 60 years ago last month

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Forgot to mention.... 60th anniversary of my first game 2-2 v Liverpool 24th Sept 1958. Still here and supporting the boys and skipping up the steps to WSU.!

What a great ride it's been.

Mate - you can't do a '60 years ago last month' thread! I had my '40 years ago today, charter train to Sunderland' thread all ready for 1st October last year but forgot about it! Now I have to wait for the 50th anniversary to do it (if still alive), because I didn't go to Sunderland in 78-79 :)
Anyway, belated congrats. Tell us about those consecutive relegations and what the admission prices etc. were.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As a mere youngster with just 42 yrs under the belt, I’ve never skipped up the steps to the WSU. I’m out of breath just thinking about it!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just missed my 53rd anniversary. It was three days ago! I was ten years' old. York City at home. 3-1 to the Albion. Under the floodlights in the Chicken Run with my Dad. The North Stand sounded phenomenal. That was me hooked for life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Forgot to mention.... 60th anniversary of my first game 2-2 v Liverpool 24th Sept 1958. Still here and supporting the boys and skipping up the steps to WSU.!

Total respect. :thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Congrats! Still skipping up there myself after 47 years and 3 days (1-1 v Port Vale).

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
A mere 52 years here! (First game 1966). And yes, what a ride.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Here's mine- 60th Anniversary next year - still cycling to all the games as well Villa59.1.jpg

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Mate - you can't do a '60 years ago last month' thread! I had my '40 years ago today, charter train to Sunderland' thread all ready for 1st October last year but forgot about it! Now I have to wait for the 50th anniversary to do it (if still alive), because I didn't go to Sunderland in 78-79 :)
Anyway, belated congrats. Tell us about those consecutive relegations and what the admission prices etc. were.

I could always accept various consecutive relegations, thats part of football, it was losing the Goldstone that really gutted me. I never went to Gillingham, couldn't face it .
I took up golf instead and quickly learned what true misery was. Returned to Withdean and was happy as a pig in sh**. Absolutely love the Amex but have to say I find the Premier league a bit slow for the first 3 months with all the international breaks.
One ambition left is to see the Albion play in Europe, preferably in Spain. Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here