Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So far.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am genuinely starting to think the " Craft Beer Revolution " has gone too far. The explosion of Unfined beers is bad enough but most of those on your list sound like they have been brewed using the format from Ready, Steady, Cook

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In Berlin?

I’m a bit disappointed that I’ve missed the Canary Wharf launch, and also won’t make it to Brighton tonight. Hopefully there are some left on Sunday!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In Berlin?

I’m a bit disappointed that I’ve missed the Canary Wharf launch, and also won’t make it to Brighton tonight. Hopefully there are some left on Sunday!

Yup. I quit after 8 but will return. Try The Black Lodge sour if you can, it was phenomenal. I had the good fortune to visit their brewery last season and it’s very highly rated.

It’s a brilliant event and an excellent national and international show case for smaller breweries.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am genuinely starting to think the " Craft Beer Revolution " has gone too far. The explosion of Unfined beers is bad enough but most of those on your list sound like they have been brewed using the format from Ready, Steady, Cook

Unfined is a no no on any hoppy, zesty beer but fine on the bigger IPA’s and the like. My only worry is that people try a Guinness ale or a Green King ‘craft’ and thinks that that’s it ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfined is a no no on any hoppy, zesty beer but fine on the bigger IPA’s and the like. My only worry is that people try a Guinness ale or a Green King ‘craft’ and thinks that that’s it ?

Indeed

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

To be fair, this festival does seem to encourage the more “wacky” brews. I wouldn’t judge craft beer from this BrewDog fest.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One thing I love about this festival is that it gives small relatively unknown breweries a leg-up onto the national and international stage. I was raving about the Black Lodge Brewery last night, and my comments somehow made their way to the head brewer; he was well chuffed someone in Germany was drinking and enjoying his beer.

As an aside, check them out if you’re ever in Liverpool. I did last season....one to watch.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
One thing I love about this festival is that it gives small relatively unknown breweries a leg-up onto the national and international stage. I was raving about the Black Lodge Brewery last night, and my comments somehow made their way to the head brewer; he was well chuffed someone in Germany was drinking and enjoying his beer.

As an aside, check them out if you’re ever in Liverpool. I did last season....one to watch.

Even cloak and dagger. They are a relatively small scale operation in comparative terms but the exposure they are getting will hopefully give them a decent leg up. Have you made it down to Holler yet? Their take on a Berliner Weisse "Miami Weisse" is particularly good.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even cloak and dagger. They are a relatively small scale operation in comparative terms but the exposure they are getting will hopefully give them a decent leg up. Have you made it down to Holler yet? Their take on a Berliner Weisse "Miami Weisse" is particularly good.

Totally agree.

I’ve not been to Holler. It’s definitely on my list; friends have been very complimentary about the place. I also think a proper tap room it’s a much needed and welcome addition to the Brighton scene.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Collabfest in Brighton done. 22 beers. Some decent, some average, a couple poor. The fact they added BBQ food from Little Smoke House was spot on.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Collabfest in Brighton done. 22 beers. Some decent, some average, a couple poor. The fact they added BBQ food from Little Smoke House was spot on.

22.....excellent work.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here