Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Kleenex

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kleenex mansize tissues will be no more after a huge public outcry shaming them for their blatant sexism.

Kleenex sexism fury

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Based on an outdated assumption that men produce more snot and have bigger noses than women which isn't true. I know many women with big noses who also clearly demonstrate where the word nosy originated:wink:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Didn't realise you were supposed to use them for nasal mucus.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Kleenex have made a marketing decision. Fair enough. Who cares what they are called..... well, some people do, obviously, which is why the name is changing, but would I stop buying them because they are not called mansize? do I care that they are not called mansize? no, on both counts.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
When will the feminists get their knickers in a twist about Mothercare?

Or, as that's named for women, that's fine?

not-for-girls-logo-225px.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good decision. They're not even the size of the average man anyway.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh FFS. Who are these people that complain about such things? Get a ****ing life.

People with issues about tissues.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh FFS. Who are these people that complain about such things? Get a ****ing life.

It's amazing. Imagine having a life that is so perfect and stress free that you have time to worry and complain about things like this. It must be fantastic.

Annoys me when people say things like 'the world is changing' on this kind of subject. No, a few morons in Britain and America are trying to change it. The rest of the world isn't.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
When will the feminists get their knickers in a twist about Mothercare?

Or, as that's named for women, that's fine?

Spot on! When it suits they'll get all uptight. If we now apply the same logic all us fathers should be enraged and demand they change the name. Outrageous gender stereotyping and perhaps even suggesting that across the board we play a lesser role in parenting and/or maybe we are rubbish at it.

Do you see my point? The above is the nonsense we could spout.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think that different clothing size systems for men and woman are sexist and outdated. We should all have our size displayed in centimetres, be it chest, waist , hip, inside leg, are, bust or height. Let's see how many women who claim they are a 12 but have to buy a 16 because the sizing is wrong will be happy with a 100 cm waist.....or whatever it is

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Spot on! When it suits they'll get all uptight. If we now apply the same logic all us fathers should be enraged and demand they change the name. Outrageous gender stereotyping and perhaps even suggesting that across the board we play a lesser role in parenting and/or maybe we are rubbish at it.

Do you see my point? The above is the nonsense we could spout.

I completely agree. When my kids were young I would often find myself in Mothercare and it wasn't the most male friendly of places. It didn't bother me, I needed nappies and whatnot, not emotional reinforcement. But the logic is fair, if things can't include a suggestion of gender in the name, then they've got a rebranding to do.

Not to mention Personchester United and Personfield Town, among others...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here