Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] People on Sickness Benefits To Get More Money!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tens of thousands of people on sickness benefits will receive backdated payments averaging £5,000 following government errors.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has revealed it is paying more than £1.5bn owing to the mistakes.
Some people have already received payouts of more than £10,000.

The mistaken calculations were made when people were moved on to the main sickness benefit, the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tens of thousands of people on sickness benefits will receive backdated payments averaging £5,000 following government errors.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has revealed it is paying more than £1.5bn owing to the mistakes.
Some people have already received payouts of more than £10,000.

The mistaken calculations were made when people were moved on to the main sickness benefit, the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

Why the provocative name ? Why not disabled people done out of money they were entitled to ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is a very good reason the letters DWP stand for 'Dicks, W@nk3rs and Pricks'.

It's very notable that the one word missing from the mealy mouthed DWP statement is ...... 'Sorry' !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why the provocative name ? Why not disabled people done out of money they were entitled to ?

This.

My sister suffers from MS and has had to claim disability benefits for many years. She's had so much trouble getting the money she's entitled to over the past few years, because they keep changing the rules and making things really difficult. Her life is difficult enough as it is, without having to deal with all that. Hopefully she'll benefit from this government f*** up.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You’re just choosing to read the title with your bitter and twisted specs on as usual! I genuinely meant nothing by the title but as always you put your spin to it it!

For the record I lost my dream job many years ago after sustaining serious life threatening injuries whilst conducting duties and couldn’t work again in that line of work! I know only too well the degree of suffering losing your job can bring!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You’re just choosing to read the title with your bitter and twisted specs on as usual! I genuinely meant nothing by the title but as always you put your spin to it it!

For the record I lost my dream job many years ago after sustaining serious life threatening injuries whilst conducting duties and couldn’t work again in that line of work! I know only too well the degree of suffering losing your job can bring!

I think it was the exclamation mark which made it look like you were taking the piss. Having read this reply, I see you use an exclamation mark instead of all full-stops.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Funny how the first response then was someone taking the piss out of disabled people wasn't it. If you're so genuine which I doubt having had the sadness of reading your previous posts why did you think this worthy of debate today on a football forum when it has been known about since March ???

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Funny how the first response then was someone taking the piss out of disabled people wasn't it. If you're so genuine which I doubt having had the sadness of reading your previous posts why did you think this worthy of debate today on a football forum when it has been known about since March ???

Because for a change it’s good news!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here